The Talk

Hi guys! I'm back with another oneshot/story! 

This one is credited to @sleep-can-wait. You gave me the idea for this wonderful one-shot/story and thank you so much! I can't explain how happy I was when you commented on my oneshots,I know it seemed small but for me it meant so much! Thank you so much again!

Here is Malini and Aru! 

Aru POV

Today was the day. Me and Aiden have been dating for over 2 months and we thought today was the perfect day to have a proper talk with our parents. I nervously looked over to Aiden who shot me a small nervous smile as he was talking to my mother today. I honestly fear what she is going to do to Aiden. 

We finally got to Aiden's house and I saw Malini outside the front door,beautiful as always. I could tell where Aiden got his looks from now. Aiden swiftly kissed me on the cheek and opened the car door for me. I nervously smoothed out the wrinkles on my dress,suprising I know,Aru Shah wearing a dress! Aiden gave me a nod and drove back to my house where my mother was waiting. 

"Come on in Aru!" said Malini,cheerfully,just a tad too cheerfully 

I walked into the house and it was immaculately organized unlike the museum where everything was messy and disorganized but it worked for us. I glanced over to a table where two chairs and two cups of chai were waiting,still steaming hot. 

We both walked on over and started making small talk,talking about the weather and what not. Malini looked comfortable enough until I noticed her take a deep breath and suddenly grabbed my hand.  

"Look Aru, I completely approve of your relationship with Aiden,in fact I think that you two were made for each other. I've never seen him happier and he looks so in love with you. I'm just scared for him. After my divorce with my husband,Aiden has been weary of love,avoiding it until you arrived. I just wouldn't want him to go through the same pain I went through. Just promise me that you would never break my son's heart like that"said Malini,with a pleading look in her eyes.   

I was completely astonished at what she said. I was for one happy she approved but I understand why she was so concerned for Aiden. Her divorce was both tough on her and Aiden. 

"I promise on my life that I would never do that to Aiden. He truly means so much to me and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I did that"I said,everything from the heart. 

Malini exhalded looking much more happier than before. She looked if she got something heavy off her chest,like she had kept this in for a long time.  

"Thank you Aru! It truly means a lot to me. Now that this is over, I can tell you about how much Aiden likes you" said Malini,with a mischievous glint in her eyes.  

I raised my eyebrow but motioned for her to continue. She started talking about how he had kept albums of photos of me even before we started dating and how he had said the you were going to be the death of him. She even told me how Aiden was reciting what he was going to say to my mom,desperate to win her approval. I burst into laughter,not being able to keep it in anymore and Malini started laughing too. 

We started talking more about our lives and I glanced down to see that two hours had passed by. I quickly apologized before packing my things and started to leave. Before I went Malini said something that truly warmed my heart. 

"My house is yours Aru,don't be afraid to visit. My doors are always open to you" said Malini,giving me a small wave. 

I gave a genuine smile and then walked away,making my way to my house. One thing I knew for sure,I was definitely going through Aiden's camera later. 

How was that? Who wants to see Krithika beat the crap-I mean talk to Aiden? Thanks to @sleep-can-wait again and add any suggestions or ideas in the comments below!