Chapter 2

Upon rousing from my slumber, I discovered that I had overslept, and my corporeal form was beset with soreness.I checked my phone and saw that it was already Sunday and 11:30 am. I was kind of surprised that Aunt didn't wake me up. She never let's me sleep for this long.

I got up from my plush and I went to the living room and happened to saw that my aunt was frying bacon and sausage for breakfast. She turned towards me and gave me a smile. Something's different this is not normal. I thought while looking at her dark eye bags which were due to the night awareness as I could see the whine bottles in the bin.

"Did you happen to drink last night?" I said in hesitation but still in confidence.

"No, why you're asking?" She was obviously fibbing.

"Well I just wanted to tell you that I could clearly see those bottles." I confidently expressed my disapproval since she always turns to drinking when she's down.

"That's nothing!" She answered.

"Alright no need to shout." I said while surrendering.

"Go and wash up let's have some breakfast and I've to talk to you about something." She commanded me, and I obediently nodded and headed towards my room. But then she called me from behind and said...

"Why not switch up your style? Let's dress up for our shopping trip."

"We're doing what?" I was shocked, but I quickly retreated to my room as annoyance flashed across Carmella's face. I indulged in a luxurious bath, washed my hair, cleaned my teeth, and even did some skincare. It may not be necessary, but we don't get these opportunities often, do we?

I came out of the bathroom.It took me 5 mins to choose my outfit. I just wore this dress and went to my aunt.

I know how it looks but we're going shopping for a reason right?

"How is it?" I uttered, eagerly awaiting my aunt's reply.

"Yeah, that's fine. Come here have the breakfast." She remarked, skillfully placing the food on the dining table.

I sat on the dining and ate what she made.

After breakfast

"So what was there that you wanted to talk about?" I inquired, savoring the final morsel of food in my mouth.