Chapter 3

I was all dressed up, catching a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror. It felt absolutely marvelous! After expressing gratitude to the salon staff, I stepped out and set off on a quest to find my aunt. Attempting to reach her via phone proved fruitless, so I ventured outside the mall. Lo and behold, I spotted her engaged in conversation. As I approached, she abruptly concluded the call.

"Oh my, when did you arrive here? And just look at that, where did you acquire such beauty?" she exclaimed, gazing at me in admiration.

" It's you! Just look at yourself you're looking so dazzling." I exclaimed as she appeared stunning in her dress. For the past 10 years, she had always donned shirts and pants, but today her attire was absolutely fabulous.

"Thank you, Stella. Let's proceed, shall we?" she beckoned, urging me to trail behind her. As we proceeded, a car approached.

"Here it is, our ride," she declared, gesturing towards the car. My jaw hit the floor when I realized it was a black Cadillac Escalade.

How did she manage to afford it? Where did she get the money from?

"What are you babbling about? Don't you dare lie to me!" I snapped at her.

In response, she cryptically replied, "There are secrets you're unaware of." Just then, the driver approached us, greeting my aunt.

"Good to see you again Antonio." She said.

"It's been a long time Ms. De luca. You are still so charming." Said the driver whose name happens to be Antonio.

She knew him as Antonio. With a flourish, he opened the car doors for us, and we climbed inside.

The interior was nothing short of luxurious, with plush leather seats and sleek, modern design. The ride was smooth and exhilarating, making me feel like a VIP.

This is fucking crazy!!!

After 30 mins we were at our destination which was near the lake it was Limerenza della mafia. Which is the limerence of mafia.

Wait what?!

"What? Mafia?" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"How many times do I have to tell you? These are family secrets, you dummy," she retorted.

"But... but we belong to the mafia?" I stammered, placing my hand on my head. With a sly smile, she welcomed me to the family, pulling me in.

" Everything makes sense now. Why I never had an idea about this?" I muttered, still in denial of the harsh reality that lay before me.

"There are only two cases: You don't observe or She's skilled." He spoke with such eloquence, exuding an air of intelligence.

"I'll go with the second one." I replied, dismissing his words.

"Why the gloomy expression, Stella?" she scolded me.

"I didn't utter a word," I innocently replied.

"Don't pretend like you never had a clue," she retorted, crossing her arms and furrowing her brow.

"Well, obviously I sensed something fishy," I responded, making a face and giving her a knowing smirk.

I followed her lead and spotted a plethora of individuals adorned in lavish tuxedos and elegant ball gowns.

"Do all of them have ties to the mafia?" I asked, filled with curiosity.