Their Just Unconscious (Part 1)

Chapter Summary:

This Two shot is based on Episode 6 of Casualty (Series 37).

Basically a different spin on when Sah is kidnapped by a patient who's desperate to see his family.

Sah's POV:

I stood outside resus watching as the doctors and nurses treated my dad after he was bought in following a suspected stroke, my mum tried to talk to me but I didn't want to hear what she had to say I still hadn't forgiven her for walking out on us years ago, I made my way over to the drinks machine and got myself a bottle of water, Jan walked over and said 'Sah how's your dad' I looked down at the floor shoving my hands in my pockets as I said 'We're still waiting for news'. Jan gave me a sympathetic smile before replying 'Okay well I've let control know what's happening and you've been stood down for the rest of the shift, how are you doing' honestly I was scared and I wanted to cry but I put on a brave face and said 'Honestly I'm fine' Jan smiled again as she said 'Yeah and I'm lady gaga. Look I've got to go but you know where I am love'.

When I made my way back to resus I saw them wheeling my dad along the corridor towards the lift I ran to catch up with them and said 'Paige what's going on' Paige turned around and said 'We're just taking him upstairs for a CT scan, it might be a while so maybe take this time to get some fresh air I'll come and find you'. 

Taking Paige's advice I went back to the ambulance station to change out of my uniform I opened my locker and looked through it for my change of clothes but all I found was my White Paramedic top for when we're on training days so I just put that on before shutting my locker, that was when I caught sight of Jan's locker the door was smashed in and when I looked inside I noticed that her car keys were gone. Cautiously I walked into the staff room and my eyes darted to the worktop there was fresh blood on it and one of the knives from the knife block was gone, which meant somebody had broken in here and was now on the loose with a knife I was about to ring Jan to let her know what was happening when I spotted the patient from this morning in the ambulance station. 

I ran over to the Patient and said 'Brian you shouldn't be in here your not well, let me get a wheelchair and I'll take you back' Brian turned around grabbing my shirt as he pointed a knife at my lower abdomen he pulled me towards Jan's car and said 'Your going to drive me to my house I need to see my kids' I shook my head and replied 'Brian I can't my dad's in hospital I have to stay here'. He pressed the knife against my stomach and said 'You'll do it otherwise I'll kill you'. I took the keys and got into the car before driving off.

Teddy's POV:

I arrived at work full of joy I had my headphones on and enjoying listening to music as I danced my way into the ambulance station, Jan waved at me from the back of the ambulance she was cleaning and said 'You do know how ridiculous you look. Thank you for coming in on your day off, I asked everyone else and nobody else was free' I smiled and took my headphones off before putting them into my bag as I said 'It's okay I understand, how is Sah anyway'. Jan stepped out of the ambulance and we walked towards the staff room as she said 'It's difficult to know they always hide their feelings so well, I tried to talk to them but they just closed up' once I'd put my stuff into my locker I got changed into my uniform before walking out into the staff room and saying 'Yeah it must be very difficult for them seeing their dad unwell again, I suppose all we can do is just be there for them'.