Drowning in the Darkness

Chapter Summary: This is part 2 of "I'm missing Love". And also in these short stories Sah and Teddy are a couple. 

Sah and Teddy have moved in together and Sah has been suffering from Nightmares which take them back to their night out last week. With endless shifts and hardly any sleep Sah tries to push on, soon everyone notices that Sah is struggling. What will happen when Sah collapses in Resus whilst handing over a patient to Stevie and Dylan.

*~*~*~*~*

Sah's POV:

My legs were so tired as I ran or rather stumbled through the dark damp alleyway in a desperate attempt to get away from this guy, but he appeared in front of me so I turned around and he was behind me as-well he was all around me. Soon he morphed into one person and as he came towards me I was covered in darkness.

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and a gentle voice telling me that I was safe, I opened my eyes and saw Teddy sitting beside me in our bed. I rolled over onto my right side so I was facing Teddy and I quietly said 'Sorry for waking you' Teddy leaned down and placed a gentle kiss to my forehead and replied 'It's okay my love, would it help to talk about it', I shook my head and moved closer to Teddy as he wrapped one arm around me and I said 'I can't Teddy I'm sorry'. 

Teddy held me as we fell asleep to the sound of the falling rain, both knowing that we had to get up for work soon but in this moment I felt safe and warm. It felt like I'd only been asleep for a few minutes before Teddy's alarm went off, I let out a loud groan and rolled over slamming my pillow over my head to block out the sound, Teddy lifted the pillow up and said 'Sah it's time to wake up my love. Why don't you have a shower I'll go and make us some breakfast and coffee. 

Whilst Teddy went downstairs I went through to the bathroom and stripped out of my pjs and got into the shower, the hot water seemed to help wake me up. After my shower I got out and dried off before walking back into the bedroom to change into my uniform. 

Teddy's POV:

I'd just finished having my shower and I came out into the bedroom and saw Sah stood in front of the mirror fixing their hair, Sah looked at me in the mirror and said 'Teddy what's wrong' I walked over and wrapped my arms around Sah's waist as I said 'Nothing, I was just looking at you and thinking how good you looked this morning'. 

I leaned in and kissed Sah on the lips each kiss getting more passionate, Sah pulled away and said 'Teddy we're going to be late for work, we can continue this later' I gave my best sad face before saying 'Is that that a promise', I ran down the stairs grabbing my backpack and car keys Sah followed me out of the house we then got into the car and drove to work.

Once we got to work me and Sah made our way into the ambulance station and through to the locker room to get changed, Jan walked in and said 'Nice of you two to join us, Teddy your with Iain today and Sah can you go in the rapid response vehicle. Calls are coming in thick and fast so let's get going'. Once Jan had gone I turned to Sah noticing that they were staring off into the distance, I reached out and took their right hand and said 'Hey are you okay, you look exhausted' Sah gave me a re-assuring smile and said 'I'm okay, I just need to crack on'. 

Sah's POV:

So far the shift was going smoothly there had been no serious calls, after assisting on another shout I was driving back towards the hospital when I received another shout and it was the one that every paramedic dreads it was a category 1 call, baby not breathing. I switched the blue lights on and drove to the address as I got closer to the address control updated me saying that back up was on it's way.