She doesn't want to see me

Chapter Summary:

Set during Episode 37 (Series 37) Burning Bridges

Cam goes to apologise to Jodie after their fight at the pub

Cam's POV:

This wasn't how tonight was meant to end, tonight should have been about giving Jodie a good leaving party and having a nice time together as friends but fate dealt us a much worse blow. The moment I first met Jodie I instantly felt something for her but she probably didn't like me I mean why would she, and then I felt completely crushed when Ryan told me that Jodie was sleeping with Max.

Me and Jodie had gone out into the beer garden to grab a table and also so Jodie could get some fresh air, I asked her if she was alright here whilst I went back inside to help the others carry the drinks outside she nodded and said 'Of course Cam I'll be fine', I gave her a small smile before walking back inside as I walked through the door into the bar I heard Rida and Ryan talking and I heard Rida say 'Ryan you slept with Jodie a couple of times and now you think you have the right to know everything about her, it doesn't work like that'. 

Right now I felt like my heart was being crushed all over again, I turned on my heels and ran back outside where I confronted Jodie and said 'Is it true you've been sleeping with Ryan, Jodie he's my mate I mean it's bad enough that you've been sleeping with Max'. Jodie sat where she was looking at me as she said 'Cam please I haven't been sleeping with Max, I don't know who told you that but it's not true'.

I took a deep breath and calmly said 'But Ryan said that you had', Jodie looked towards the gates as Ryan walked out into the beer garden she stood up and said 'Why are you spreading rumours about me Ryan'. 

Ryan shouted back 'Jodie everyone knows and besides why else would max stick up for you, and why would he lie about Stevie, making out like she's to blame for your mistakes!'. Jodie's expression changed she was upset and angry all at the same time as she said 'You told Stevie didn't you, you guys are meant to be my mates but your not. Just leave me alone'. I watched as Jodie walked back inside, I'd ruined my chances of telling her how I felt and although part of it was my fault most of it was Ryan's. 

(Time skip to after the Explosion)

Jodie's POV:

Standing outside of Resus 1 I felt like I was glued to the spot as I watched Dylan and Donna treat my dad Max, I had so many feelings going round in my head at the moment I just wanted to know what was going on and if he was going to be okay. 

Donna came out of Resus and she and Rida took me to the staff room where it would be quieter, I sat down on the sofa but my mind was still racing I was thinking about my dad and also about Cam. Rida came back with a bottle of cold water for me and a granola bar I took the water as Dylan walked in and closed the door instantly my brain thought the worst and I started to cry but Dylan came over and said 'Jodie he's abit more stable now, we've had to intubate him and we've also given him a chest drain. We're waiting for him to have a CT scan and then he'll probably go up to ITU, why don't you go and sit with him I'll show you where his room is'. 

Cam's POV:

I was sitting in the staff room taking some time to myself when Ryan walked in and said 'Hey you'll never guess what I just heard about Jodie, Max is her dad. So you might still be in with a chance mate, look Cam wait I know I've hurt you and If I could undo it I would' I turned around and raised my voice slightly as I said 'Yeah but you wouldn't though would you Ryan, why do I keep telling myself your going to change when your clearly never going to'. 

Ryan stepped towards me reaching out to stop me from leaving the staff room as he said 'But we're still okay aren't we mate' shaking my head I said 'No a mate doesn't slag you off and then call it joking, a mate doesn't pick on you to make him feel better about himself and a mate definitely doesn't sleep with a girl I like just because he can. So no Ryan I don't see how we've ever been friends, so please will you just leave me alone and stay away from me'. 

Ryan walked out and I walked over to the sofa and sat down putting my head into my hands and trying desperately to stop myself from Crying. Footsteps pulled my attention to the doorway I looked up and saw Donna walking over to me she softly said 'Rash was singing your praises this evening Cam, you should be very proud of yourself you remained calm in a tough situation so don't let anyone else bring you down. Why don't you go and See Jodie I know she could do with an extra friend tonight'. 

I shook my head and said 'I upset her at the pub, she doesn't want to see me now' Donna nodded slightly and said 'Has she told you she doesn't want to see you', I looked down at the floor and said 'No but I just assume she won't want me there not after what happened at the pub'. Donna grabbed her water bottle from the fridge before turning around and saying 'Just go and see her Cam, apologise to her and tell her how you feel about her. And most importantly just be there for her'.

After speaking to Donna I knew what I needed to do so I asked Dylan where Max's room was and I made my way there, once I reached the private room I stood outside and looked through the window seeing Jodie sitting in the chair her eyes looking so tired. I reached out and knocked on the door Jodie turned around and said 'Come in' I pushed the door open and walked in feeling anxious as I nervously said 'Dylan told me where you were, I thought I'd come and see how you are', Jodie didn't reply she just turned back around to look at Max. 

I took a deep breath and said 'Look Jodie I am so sorry for how I spoke to you at the pub, the only reason I was so upset that you'd slept with Ryan was because I have feelings for you I have done ever since the first day I met you. I know I'm not perfect, I know I'm not good looking but I have so much love to give and I want to give it to you Jodie please just give me a chance'. 

Jodie's POV:

My heart felt so full right now I'd been waiting ages for Cam to tell me that he had feeling's for me and finally the wait was over, I stood up and walked over to him and said 'Cam I feel exactly the same, I just didn't know how to tell you how I felt and I was worried you wouldn't feel the same about me. I also except your apology and I'm sorry if me sleeping with Ryan upset you'. 

Cam looked like he wanted to hug me but was too nervous to ask so I pulled him in towards me and hugged him, he kissed me on the forehead as we separated from the hug and he said 'How is he doing anyway'. I leaned against Cam's chest and said 'He's waiting for a CT scan and then we'll know more then they'll move him to ITU, but he's stable so that's the main thing'.