Hot Chocolate and Kisses

Chapter Summary: Jodie and Cam have just done two long shifts back to back and after they've both been assisting Rash to care for an elderly lady on End of life care, Donna sends them both home to rest despite Max telling her he needs them to stay for the night shift. 

Once back at the flat Cam puts aside his emotions to be there for Jodie.

Donna's POV:

Today's shift seemed to be going on forever and honestly I couldn't wait to get home and see my girls and spend the day with them tomorrow and see Dylan in the evening. As I sat at my desk finishing some paperwork I saw Cam and Jodie stood at the nurses station in Resus they both looked exhausted and ready to drop, I was so busy looking out of the small window that I hadn't noticed Rash knocking on my door I looked at him and said 'Hey Rash come in what can I do for you'. 

Rash walked in and said 'I just thought you should know that Jodie and Cam have been amazing today in helping me look after the Elderly lady, that had Sepsis. But I can tell they both found it very tough emotionally', I looked at Jodie and Cam again who were both still working I then looked back at Rash and said 'Yeah I was just thinking how exhausted they both look, I might send them home actually'.

Rash smiled and headed back to work just as Max walked in and said 'Donna we're two nurses down this evening I'm going to need you to ask Jodie and Cam to stay on till the morning', Donna stood up and said 'Absolutely not, Jodie and Cam have just done two long incredibly tough shifts back to back. I am going to send them home, and you will find agency cover for tonight'.

Jodie's POV:

Today had been a really tough shift for myself and Cam we'd been assisting Rash with a patient on End of life care and it had been very exhausting both emotionally and physically I was grateful to Cam to being there for me and getting me through the really tough moments. I was busy finishing writing a report when Donna approached me and said 'Jodie, Cam could I speak to you both in my office for a moment please', me and Cam followed Donna into her office wondering what we'd done wrong but as we stood in front of her desk Donna softly said 'Don't look so nervous your not in trouble, Rash has told me that today has been very difficult for you both. I've made the decision to send you both home to rest and recharge, but I want to say that I am very proud of both of you'. 

After Donna had spoken to us we both left and headed to the staff room to get our bags and coats, the wind was blowing violently outside and the raining coming down hard like bullets but luckily there was a taxi over by the pub so we ran and grabbed that one. 

Cam's POV:

As we sat in the taxi home to the flat I couldn't help but notice that Jodie was very quiet and was sat looking out of the window, eventually the taxi pulled up outside the flat and I paid the driver before getting out Jodie had already gotten out and grabbed our bags. I took my keys out of my coat pocket and unlocked the front door, the flat was nice and warm and Rida had left us some of her homemade curry for our dinner I heard Jodie walking up the stairs so I said 'I'll put the curry in the oven to reheat it, are you hungry sweetheart', there was no answer so I put the curry in the oven and set the timer before heading upstairs. 

Jodie was laying on her bed looking at the picture of her mum that was on her bedside table, I knelt down beside the bed and wiped the tears from her cheeks with my right thumb as I said 'I can't even begin to understand how you must be feeling tonight, but I want you to know that I'm here for you Jodie and tonight I'm going to look after you'.

Jodie looked at me and said 'But what about you, this must have affected you as-well', I disappeared into the bathroom to start running a bath for Jodie before walking back into her bedroom I sat beside her on the bed and said 'It's okay my feelings can wait, I want to look after you'.

Jodie's POV:

Cam took me into the bathroom as I walked in the smell of rose scented bath oil filled my nose there were candles in one corner of the bath and there was soft music playing on my Alexa, I turned around and said 'Oh Cam this is lovely thank you' Cam smiled and kissed me on the forehead and said 'I'll leave you to enjoy your bath, I'll go and finish dinner'. I kissed Cam on the lips and said 'I'm not very hungry Cam I'll just have a small portion, but I would love a hot chocolate'. 

As I relaxed in the bath I thought about my mum and everything that had happened at work over the past couple of days, I was grateful to Cam for supporting me. After a couple more minutes I got out of the bath and got dressed into my pjs and dressing gown before walking downstairs to the living room where Cam had lit a couple more candles and bought in some snacks and a cup of hot chocolate for me. 

Me and Cam sat on the sofa under my patchwork blanket he was eating a bowl of Rida's curry and I was eating some Naan bread dipping it into the curry sauce every now and then. Once we'd finished eating I settled back into his arms holding my cup of hot chocolate in my left hand whilst Cam flicked through Netflix trying to find something for us to watch, but all I wanted to do was kiss him. 

I sat up and put my hot chocolate on the table before turning back around to Cam he looked at me and said 'How are you feeling now Jodie' I looked at him lovingly and said 'Much better thank's to you, is it okay if I kiss you', Cam nodded very eagerly as he leaned in and placed his right hand on my right cheek and said 'Yes it's more than okay' we both leaned in and soon our lips touched and the kisses started off slow and then got more passionate.