Chapter 3

Marinette (7:50 PM)

Today's events were so rattling! Kagami, Luka, Adrien, and I all went to the ice rink, but everything went awful. Kagami gave me some good advice but was really threatening with it, and then Philippe got akumatized- and then I made plans with the team- and then I went back and cleared everything up with Kagami, Luka, and Adrien...

"I MADE PLANS!" I scream out. "Tikki! I totally forgot we were supposed to have a meeting with Carapace and Rena Rouge!"

"Calm down, Marinette," my lovely little Kwami, Tikki, reassures me. "Just transform and hurry over there. It isn't very far from here."

"You're right, as always," I gush. "I'm so lucky to have you." Tikki gives me a cute little giggle as we climb up onto my bed. "Tikki, spots on!"

After I transformed, I exited through the roof and made my way over to the Eiffel Tower, where Chat was already waiting on me.

"Busy day, M'lady?" He asks as he takes my hand.

"As always, Kitty," I reply. We take a seat on one of the support beams near the top of the Eiffel Tower.

"I'm so sorry I'm late," Carapace says as he jumps up to our level. He quickly takes a seat. "I completely lost track of time."

"Don't worry about it," I reassured. "I just got here myself." Rena Rouge then joins us and sits down next to Carapace.

"I'm so sorry!" She exclaims. "I totally forgot about this!" I tell her the same thing I told Carapace and we all get comfortable. We sit in silence for a few moments until I've collected my thoughts and know what I want to say.

"So..." I begin. "How did you guys get your Miraculous?" It was a question that had been bothering me since I first saw them. I knew who the Guardian was by now, and so did Chat, but never once did I think he'd give away any more than our Miraculous.

"I found mine," Rena Rouge begins. "It was sitting on the floor with a note attached to it addressing me. It told me that my Kwami would explain everything- and he did." All of us then turned to Carapace, who seemed to be in deep concentration.

"It's the same for me," he finally says. "I was at a cafe and I was looking at the news report. When I looked back down, it was sitting right in front of me with a note addressing me." Oddly enough, I felt like he was lying. Although, I still wanted to trust him.

"Wow, I didn't get a note," Chat pouted. "What about you, M'lady?"

"Me either," I reply. "Anyways, was that first Akuma, Volpina, your first time using your Miraculous?" That was another question I had been contemplating. How long had they had their Kwami's?

"Ya, I literally got it during the broadcast for Volpina," Rena Rouge answers. Carapace tells us that the news report he was watching was the live footage of Volpina dangling that one super-popular model. I was surprised he didn't know that his name was Adrien.

"And there's nothing else either of you are feeling the need to tell us?" Chat continued for me. He must've gotten the feeling we were being lied to as well.

They both tell us no, but their eyes drift away. They keep making weird side glances at each other. I can't tell whether it's nerves or if they really are hiding something from us.

"One more question..." I add a pause, waiting for them to make eye contact with me. "How much do you know about the Guardian?" I notice Carapace stiffening up, but Rena Rouge stays the same.

"What Guardian?" Rena Rouge asks. "I haven't heard of anything about a 'guardian.' Is that the person in charge?" I shake my head, but I don't answer her.