Chapter 10

Third Person

"Here are the superheroes!" Prime Queen's voice echoed throughout Paris. Throughout the ruined city, people watched their TVs, rooting for the three heroes who had stepped forth.

The onslaught was terrible, and sometimes, it was hard to watch the heroes struggle to fight back. They didn't have any fighting experience, and they couldn't use their powers without transforming back soon after.

It was a mission that felt impossible.

Despite all of that, the heroes stood tall and fought with all their heart. Paris was inspired, and many people decided to take up arms themselves and aid them, disregarding their safety. These people were heroes themselves and the only reason that Carapace, Rena Rouge, and Queen Bee didn't get akumatized that day.

They came towards the plaza shouting and brandishing all sorts of quickly put-together weapons. The army and police joined in soon after with their weapons and guns, aiding in the all-out war against Hawk Moth.

Hawk Moth stood above the chaos, staring down in disbelief. He never realized how many people there were that were willing to save the heroes. Even though everyone in Paris knew that normal weapons didn't do anything to Akumas, they still fought. They weren't going to let Hawk Moth win without a fight.

But all of that was second to the more pressing thought on his mind.

"Where are Ladybug and Chat Noir?" He muttered to himself. A voice rang back through his head, reminding him that Natalie was still akumatized.

"Don't let your guard down, sir," she said. "They could be anywhere." Hawk Moth sighed and looked up to his right. There stood Volpina. She landed beside him like a fox and quickly relayed a message.

"They're here," she said as she stood. "It looks like they're trying to get the jump on you." Hawk Moth understood and quickly formulated a new plan.

"Thank you, Volpina," he replied, turning on his heel. "Let us get this over with."

Ladybug and Chat Noir snuck through the many floors of the Eiffel Tower as quietly as they could. They both were aggravated and upset. Chat Noir kept looking towards the plaza at their friends. His heart felt heavy, and he felt like he was letting everyone down.

As they ascended the tower, they never noticed Volpina. She moved quicker than they could because of her illusions. She conjured one and sent it straight for Hawk Moth to warn him. She wouldn't ever let Ladybug win again.

Ladybug tried to ruin her. If she wasn't careful, then all of her secrets would be exposed. She had worked too hard for this to watch it all crumble beneath her.

The two heroes finally made it up to Hawk Moths level and found themselves face-to-face with their scarlet enemy. His smile was wicked as he greeted the heroes.

"Ladybug, Chat Noir... So nice to see you could join me." The pair glared in response, saving no idle chatter. Their friends needed them to finish this up quickly.

"Hand over your Miraculous, Hawk Moth," Ladybug ordered. She used her lucky charm, receiving a jewelry box from it. "See? We've even got a pretty little box for you to put it in." He laughed maniacally in response.

"No, today is finally the day you give me your Miraculous!" Ladybug's eyes glanced into the top of the open box, seeing Hawk Moth in its reflection behind her. She swiftly turned around and saw Hawk Moth charging them.

"Chat, watch out!" She yelled, pushing him out of the way while jumping. Hawk Moth barely misses her with his cane, but quickly recoils into a more defensive position with the Hawk Moth behind him vanishing.