Chapter 5

Chloe

"Stay here, Chloe!" Daddy said as he ran back to the stage. My legs finally gave out and I fell to the floor.

I always forget how scary it is to be akumatized. Bad memories flooded my head when I saw my mother turn into that thing.

I wonder what she's calling herself...

Instead of being a ridiculous loser, I decided to follow Daddy back to the stage. When I saw his back, I almost reached out to him. He was then turned into a gold statue. I then saw the thing my mother turned into.

"Mom!" I called out to her, hoping to reason with her.

"Claudine- er, Chloe!" She said, surprised. "I'm not Mom, I am Style Queen!" She then pointed her glowing staff at me. "Do you want to be fired too?" I shielded my eyes.

"No! No, I really don't, Style Queen!" I said, waving my free hand in front of me. "Uh, besides, don't you need an assistant?" I was bullshitting my way out of this mess, but I couldn't help it! Even if she's akumatized, I wanted to spend as much time as I can with my mother!

"Hmm..." That noise managed to fill me with hope, and I fully faced her without shaking. "I did fire my last one this morning..." With newfound confidence, I continued to urge her to pick me.

"She sure was useless, utterly useless!" I use her motions, hoping to appeal to her inner self.

"Fine!" She says, causing me to smile. "I'll take you on trial!" With that, my smile betrays my face, and I begin to shake again.

When Ladybug appears and steals my mothers' attention, I take that as my chance to slip away and watch from behind the wall. Ladybug picks the fight, but it becomes clear that she can't win it when her yo-yo goes straight through my mother's body. It's like she's literally made of glitter!

My mother then proceeds to beat Ladybug, finally getting her on the ground. She's about to turn her to gold-

"Mom! Er- Style Queen!" I scream, hoping to get her attention. Once she turns and looks at me, I quickly continue. "If you want to find Gabriel Agreste, I know where he lives! You can always take care of Ladybug later!" I cringe at myself. But I couldn't let her hurt Ladybug. After all, she's the only one who can save my mother!

Mom agrees with me, turns my darling Adrien into dust, and then grabs me, flying me away from the stage. I scream as she takes us directly to the Agreste Manor. I can't see anything other than gold glitter, and the only thing I really feel is the wind on my back.

When we land in the front entry, I hit my back hard.

"Where is he!?" She demands, pointing her staff back at me. I shrink away from it. Now I have to come up with a quick answer!

"He usually never leaves his house!" I defend, hoping that she won't turn me into gold as well. She proceeds to ignore me, but her harsh stare is enough to turn me into a statue. All of a sudden my mother laughs and begins having a conversation with herself.

She must be speaking to Hawk Moth.

After her conversation, she turns to dust and grabs me.

"Not again!" I cry out as we fly through the sky. It's horrifying, and I can't even enjoy the view! "Please, stop!" Just as I start to cry, we land hard on the Eiffel Tower.

She then makes Adrien reappear and displays him as if he was Snow White.

"Wait! Please don't hurt my Adriekins Mom!" I say as I run up to her. When she eyes me, I correct myself and address her as Style Queen.