Chapter 7

Adrien (8 P.M.)

"Good night, Plagg."

That was the last thing I said to him before this. Before this nightmare started.

I was studying for a science test when it happened. I heard the sound of bars clanking. When I turned around in my chair, I saw that the windows and doors of my bedroom had been completely barred off.

"Plagg!" I called out as I ran to my bed. I thought that he had just pulled the covers completely over his head. I pulled the covers back and saw something horrible.

"Plagg!" I cried. "Who turned you into a sock?" The bars kept multiplying and soon, I was trapped in the middle of my bedroom. I called out for Natalie and Father, but neither of them came to my rescue.

When Plagg reappeared, I was trying to work through my feelings calmly. I thought that I had fallen asleep and was having a nightmare. Close to the truth, but I wasn't asleep.

Plagg apologized (I think) and then I transformed, breaking through the bars and going outside. Chat Noir can figure this out!

Outside was a panic attack. It looked like everyone had their living nightmares turned into real life. "Really, what is going on?"

"It looks like nightmares have come to life," Ladybug said, appearing on my right. "I hope yours wasn't too bad."

"M'Lady! Tonight has been a total nightmare," I began. "Until you showed up." I took her hand and kissed it.

Smooth, Adrien!

She took her hand back and looked around.

"Ladybug! Chat Noir!" Rena Rouge exclaimed as she landed on my left. "Have you found the Akuma?" I hadn't seen Rena in a while.

"No, not yet," Ladybug answered. "Where have you been anyways?" Rena laughed nervously.

"I've been busy," she says, looking back at the mess of people running in the streets. "But I'm here to help. What can I do?"

"I don't know," Ladybug sighs. As if on cue, Carapace lands on Ladybug's right.

"Carapace, welcome to the slumber party," I joke, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Ya, definitely not my best party." I think he's joking back. "Wicked nightmares, my girlfriend not answering her phone, not to mention the Master ignoring all of my calls- tonight has been a serious wreck."

"Don't you mean a nightmare?" Rena jokes. Carapace only glares in response.

"I get that treatment all the time," I say to her, trying to lessen the damage.

"The Master was busy having nightmares, don't worry, I was with him. He'll be fine," Ladybug replies. "Although I didn't see his phone."

"That sounds about right for him," Carapace sighs. "Sometimes it's tough to get 'em to reply. Whateves, I'll check on him after this."

"You seem to have a pretty personal relationship with this Master guy," Rena steps in. Carapace shrugs his shoulders.

"He's an old guy. I was worried about him falling or something." Ladybug snaps us back into focus.

"We need to find Sandboy. I'm willing to bet his Akuma is in his cloud. It's shaped like a pillow," she explains.

"So you've already seen our mystery man?" A voice from behind asks. We all turn around and see the mysterious Queen Bee.

"Ya... When did you get here?" Ladybug asks. I already know M'lady doesn't trust Queen Bee.

"Just now," she replies and stares into the darkness. "There he is!" I follow her point and see a little boy in the sky.