I'm all ears

Context: In this imagine oneshot or whatever you call it, The Black Phone has not been released or announced its casts yet, therefore Mason Thames is not yet known or that famous. But you knew about the movie, what you didn't know is that one of your best friends, plays the lead role.

__________________________________

I was with my circle of friends and we were talking about random stuff we were currently obsessing with. I was telling them about Xmen, the show I recently rewatched. 

I am obsessed with it, especially with Raven and I cant stop rambling about how they can enhance their powers or my theories about them.

"So like, if Raven can literally transform? Could she like make herself a smaller version of her? Like shrink herself and upsize her too. I wonder if she can turn into an animal as well.." I kept rambling on not even noticing my friends were having their own conversations.

As I kept rambling, I was about to make my point, so I turned to focus on them only to realize no one was even listening.

My smile faded so quickly and decided to ignore the pain and grabbed my phone unlocking it. Mason then sat next to me and put his arms over my shoulder. "Why'd you stop?"

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, looking at him.

"I was listening, I wanted to know your conclusion"

My eyes lit up, someone was actually listening, he was listening. 

"You really do?"

"Yeah, of course" he shrugged

I chuckled "Well then-"

_____________________________________

I was sitting in the corner of the couch, after dinner we decided to watch a movie.  They asked for suggestions, but I didn't even bother telling mine, they didnt even noticed. Right now they were at the kitchen getting snacks, I decided to stay at the couch.

They were going to watch Encanto. I've watched this movie about 10 times before,  I ain't watching it again, even though I love the movie, I think just browsing through tiktok is better.

While I was scrolling through tiktok, Mason returned and sat by me before leaning in to my phone. "What ya watchin'?"

"I think it's some kind of edit of a guy named Tristan Pravong?" I said as I looked at the caption and hashtags.

Mason raised his eyebrows and placed his head on my shoulder to watch the tiktok. After the video, I scrolled and watched a few more videos.

A few minutes later, my friends entered the room and sat, they started playing the movie and I just continued watching tiktoks.

"Are you not going to watch?" Mason whispered. I shook my head "Nah, I'm good, I've watched it before" I whispered back, I heard him hum.

As I was scrolling through tiktok I stumbled upon a tiktok of a girl named Madeleine McGraw and apparently, she's verified, she must be an actress or something.

I went to her account and saw how pretty she is "Wow she's so pretty" I whispered to myself, but Mason was beside me so for sure, he heard it as well. I saw Mason's eyes widen a little but I ignored it. I followed her and then continued scrolling.

After a while I got bored and closed my phone, "I so want to know the casts for The Black Phone now" I complained, I'm actually so excited, I love horror movies, and I've read about Joe Hill's short story.

Mason chuckled and answered "Y-yeah, me too actually".

"I wonder when they're going to announce the casts" I wondered in which Mason shrugged at.

This has been sitting in drafts for almost a month now 💀💀, honestly idek the point of this.

It's entitled like that bc... the main plot of it was mason actually listening to us, but yeah- I kinda just went with it ig

I suck at this HELP,
anywaysss good morning, good afternoon, good evening, or goodnight to y'all mwah