𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Half hour later and several phone calls and Rafe had managed to find a hotel close by that had a couple of rooms to spare. He types the address into his GPS and you follow like a lost little drunken puppy behind him since you had no idea where you were going.

Now that you were slowly sobering up though, the nerves were setting in over what you were doing. Getting a hotel for the night would probably look bad once people found out and - in a place as small as the one you lived - it was inevitable.

The workaholic sweet new girl roped into the charms of the bad boy playboy. 

God, what a cliche.

Eventually the pair of you reach a large building, ornately designed and lit with a beautiful warm lighting. There was a doorman who greets you politely as you enter, not giving you a second glance despite how grotesque you must look from the humidity and warmth.

You bundle inside with your shopping bags and follow Rafe to the reception desk, where a girl with pale blonde hair and deep red lipstick greets you. She glances over your outfits but says nothing other than, "Welcome to the Hotel Bennett, do you have a reservation?"

"No, but we called a little while ago about one--"

"Ah, you must be Mr. Cameron." Her smile suddenly grows a little and you resist the urge to glare at her. Who could blame her, after all? Rafe was hot, single, and far too charming for his own good. After all, he'd had a lot of practice with women. 

He turns the charm on now and you can only hope it's to ensure you can score a room. 

"That I am, sweetheart. You said you had a few rooms?" He raises a brow at her and she starts typing away on her computer. Rafe looks at you and must notice the frown you didn't even know you were sporting because his hand dips to the curve of your waist to pull you a little closer. You resist the urge to step out of it, since he asks so nicely with his little, "C'mere."

Your chest felt hot. So did your cheeks. 

The girls teeth sink into her lower lip in regret and she looks up at Rafe a little nervously, though it shifts as she notices his hand on you. "I'm sure this won't be a problem, sir... But we unfortunately only have one room available tonight." You sigh and she types a few more things on her computer. "It's a twin room. Two beds, but I'd be happy to have someone push them together and fit them with appropriate bedding?"

"No-" You say a little too quickly, causing both of them to whip around and look at you. You clear your throat to relieve some of the awkwardness. "I just mean... There's no need. The twin room will be fine, thank you."

On the inside though, you were at war with yourself. You wanted separate rooms so you could fully relax, freshen up and get some well earned sleep. 

Staying in a hotel room with Rafe - alone for that matter - felt all kinds of dangerous. Even if you wouldn't be in the same bed.

She takes Rafe's card and you thank him for paying for it while she's organising the electric keycards. She hands him both in a little envelope with the hotels name and contact details on and tells him which floor it was on - the fourth.

You bundle yourself into the small elevator and the air becomes so incredibly tense that you could hardly breathe. Rafe was in one corner and you in the other and you could feel his intense gaze burning into you. You wonder what he was thinking right now. Probably that he was about to get lucky knowing him.

Well, you'd just have to prove him wrong.

You weren't ready for that; hell you hardly knew him and however nice a day it had been, you still weren't about to drop your underwear for him at the slightest sign of kindness.