𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Music thrummed through your limbs from your proximity to the makeshift sound system set up at the back of someones truck. Sand sifts into your sandals uncomfortably but you hardly notice it from the pulse of alcohol lifting your dampened spirits.

The girl was excellent at distracting you, you had to give her that. People danced around the pair of you, but despite your expectations, you were focused on the sultry sway of not just her hips but your own. Her back was to your front, one hand on her hip and the other clutched in hers in the air as she laughs, head tossed back against your shoulder. "You really showed him, huh?" She suddenly blurts and you turn your face into her, brow raised in silent question. "Relax, I came with you, didn't I? The look on his face was fucking priceless. Trust me, I wouldn't have been there if I knew he wasn't, umm-" She trails off, glancing at you from the corner of rounded eyes.

"Single." You complete, snorting. "He's perfectly single. So am I. Can't I just want to dance with a pretty girl at a party?" You counter but the lie is evident to yourself. Well-- the partial lie. You really were happy dancing with her. She turns in your hold to face you, draping slender arms over your shoulders as she presses closer.

"Yeah. Sure. But, for arguments sake, if we were making him jealous.." Her breath dances over your cheek and you smile at her brazenness. "Why don't we take it up a notch? He's staring, you know?" She giggles softly. "He can't take his eyes off of you."

There was a disgustingly large part of you that wanted to look over your shoulder at where you knew he'd be sat, your spine tingling with the pressure of his heated gaze. A better you would have gone home long ago to lick her wounds and move the fuck on. A better you wouldn't be playing these childish games that you swore you'd stop a long time ago.

But, fuck. That bitch was buried right now. It was time for some fucking fun.

The girl who's name you hadn't even bothered to ask for pulls back but before she can, her chin is grasped between your fingertips, a look of surprise flashing through those stunning hazel eyes as her lips drop open just moments before you claim them. She melts instantly against your body, hips still swaying to the beat under the guidance of your steady palm digging into the fat of her waist. The hand previously on her chin moves to the back of her neck, cradling it to tip it back since you were slightly taller than her.

When her lips fall open so invitingly, you slip your tongue inside and coax it against her own, drawing out a whimper as you take control. It wasn't your first time kissing a girl, but it was certainly up there with the most thrilling. 

In the back of your mind, though you probably shouldn't, you're imagining the look on Rafe's face right now. Was he angry? Fucking pissed that you'd stolen this from him? Good

Or maybe he'd be leaning forward, gaze enraptured in the unfurling scene, arousal hardening what was tucked away beneath his pants. 

It's that sour thought that makes you pull away, though she appears to have some trouble letting you go as she stumbles against you, chasing more of your taste. It makes you smirk, the deviousness pulling at one corner of your mouth as you use the grip on the back of her neck to guide her back a little. "Don't be greedy." You tease in a sultry tone, until a warmth smothers your spine. Large hands plant to your hips and you startle a little, thinking over the fact he must have come all the way over here to--

"Hey, beautiful. Good to see you again." Oh. That wasn't him. 

You look down to his hands settled on your hips, sandwiching you between him and the girl. A quick glance over your shoulder has a slow smile settling on your mouth. "Jake. I'm a little busy right now." You allow a breathy laugh to slip free at his eagerness, not a lot of conviction in your half-hearted attempt at rejection.