𝐒𝐈𝐗

The warm glide of Rafe's large palm slips up your waist, an impatient drive to it as it squeezes into your ribs sending a shiver over your flesh. He doesn't waste any time at all, tongue already slipping into your mouth as you pull back for air and dominating the muscle that awaits it.

He tasted like the minty hotel toothpaste and the scent of his cologne drifts up into your nostrils. His skin was heated, pressed up against you and mingling with the parts of you that were bare as well.

He slips his knee between your legs, if only to encourage you to stay and fuck was it working.

For all your big talk about not becoming another statistic in his philandering lifestyle, you sure were giving in easy. But he'd caught you on the right day and made you feel like the most precious thing in existence, something to be cherished and spoiled and treated like a damn queen.

And his lips, God... His lips.

Ardent and hungry as he devoured your mouth, the soft groan stifled against it kicking the heat in your belly into overdrive. Your fingers find purchase in his hair, tugging lightly at it which earns you another grumble sound of appreciation. 

When you pull back to finally catch a breath, Rafe has no issue with using the way your neck cranes to one side to sink into it with those ravishing kisses of his. He hits your pulse point with ease, a quiet whimper slipping from your lips at the spear of desire it sends to your gut. His fingers, thick and warm, knead the flesh at the apex of your hip where it connects to your waist, needy in their whims to keep you close. 

As quickly as the mood had sunk into your soul, it dissipates by the irritating, grating sound of a phone vibrating beneath his pillow. 

He ignores it but your hyperfocus on it meant you couldn't distract yourself from the noise. "Will you shut it off?" You huff, desperate to get back into the moment. He growls as he pulls away from your neck, obviously incredibly irritated by the interruption on something he'd been working hard to get.

Rafe slides the phone out from beneath you both, into the center of your proximity, and his features pale at the name on the screen. 

Tina : Tinder 
   Calling

Oh, yikes. 

His lips drops open with a stuttering of excuses but you were already laughing at your own bad luck continuing, slipping free of his grasp and shuffling back a few inches. He hits decline and his teeth sink into his kiss-swollen lower lip. "I- Uhh..."

"Relax, Romeo." You snort. "I know your reputation. It's just... Bad timing."

He groans and drops his face into the pillow, peeking up at you with one eye and a slow-growing smirk on his lips. "Did it kill the mood entirely?"

A quick nod and a cheeky smile from you to confirm his suspicions has him sighing heavily in exasperation as he rolls onto his back. At the moment you were acting like it was no big deal to you - mostly because it shouldn't be. 

Rafe was a player, you knew this. 

But the evidence of it flaring up right when things were getting steamy between the two of you and ruining the moment entirely felt like a hell of a sign from the universe. Like it was confirming what you knew deep down-

This was a terrible idea. 

"I should probably..." You gesture with a nod of your head in the direction of your own bed where you abandoned it. In his widened eyes you could see the silent plea for you to stay, the apology there that didn't make it to his lips which were settled into a small, disappointed smile.