𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐄

Rafe sits scrolling on his phone, bored out of his goddamn mind. Kelce invited him to hang with Topper, but he oddly enough didn't want to go. No, he wanted to sit on his bed and wait for messages from you like a lost fucking puppy dog. You were out with friends tonight, or so you'd told him, off to some club in Charleston and he wasn't invited which he absolutely is not pouting about.

You've been spending a lot of time together recently so he figured it'd probably be good to let you have some time to yourself. It took everything in him to offer you that though considering he'd much rather have you in bed with him right now. You sent him a selfie earlier that had him getting up to lock his door for his own personal brand of 'me time'.  Another message notification comes through and Rafe smirks at it.

Kelce:- Bro, come on! Stop being a whipped little pussy and come to the party. Lots of hot chicks here and Topper's got some white..

White was his slang for cocaine, something Rafe didn't have much interest in these days. No, he felt like a fucking grandpa most of the time. The urge to party or get high had recently dissipated, and he knew he had a good idea of the reason why if he bothered to think about it. Ignoring the message from Kelce, he lays back in bed with a petulant groan, listening to the ornate clock on the wall tick away. He sat there thinking about if it was too early to offer to come pick you up. If he could gently suggest some rather filthy things that he'd like to do to you to convince you to come home earlier than planned. Stop it. He chides himself. She deserves to have fun with her friends.

Stupid brain and its stupid fucking morals. 

He lifts his phone again, thumb refreshing his messages in case you miraculously messaged in the past three minutes. When that proves useless, he switches to Instagram and notices a recent story from you. He clicks on it instantly and frowns at the image, pushing up to a sitting position in bed. His grip tightens on the phone and when the picture times out, he clicks on it again just to make doubly sure of what he's seeing. 

That motherfucker!

There he is, wallowing while he waits for you to come home like some dumb fucking lapdog and who are you with? That asshole Dean from your little fundraiser. Your ex-fucking-boyfriend. Sure, Alex is hanging off of him and he's just in the background as you grin at the camera, but it's not the point. You didn't mention he, your ex, would be partying with you tonight and it makes him see thirty shades of fucking red.

The next few minutes are a blur of him sliding into a shirt and kicking on his shoes, his hands roughly grabbing the keys to his car on the way. Rafe's in the car in record time and tearing through the streets so fast that he'll probably be pulled over if he's not careful. But he has to make it to you. Now. If only to teach you a lesson about honesty.

The music is so loud your ears want to burst. Alex is on the dancefloor with Dean, swaying her hips against his front and shamelessly flirting. She's wearing a mini skirt and a cropped white shirt with the words "FATHERLESS BEHAVIOUR" over the front. It makes you laugh as you watch from the little booth the three of you had claimed. 

You don't really mind that they've drifted into their own little world. Dean was quite taken with Alex you like to think it was reciprocated but you never really know with Alex. You're just sitting, nursing your fifth drink of the night that doesn't even seem to be hitting, and keeping an eye on your friends' drinks. The last message you sent to Rafe to check in went unanswered and hasn't even been read which made you pout for a good fifteen minutes before you talked yourself down from the negative way your head was going. He's probably just out with his friends or crashed out on the couch watching a movie. You fully plan to stop by his house on the way home, especially after three margaritas that have given you the desire to leave already. The only thing stopping you is waiting for Dean and Alex to get back so you can make your excuses.