𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

The last of your silver rings is slipped onto your fingers, decorating them and sparkling in the low light of your bedroom. Other than them, you'd kept jewelry to a minimum - having it as just the rings and your mom's necklace.

The dress you wore was fitted like a glove - okay, it was a little tighter from the bodice top shaping you, but it was basically fitted like a glove. A pale blue and cowl neck sleeveless gown that complimented your every curve. There was a slit in the bottom that ran up to your mid thigh and the entire thing was coated in sparkling embellishments that glittered when they hit the light.

Your makeup was minimal to compliment it and your hair fell in soft curls effortlessly despite the amount of time it took to get them to look that way.

A lot of work went into the look, but as you check yourself out in the mirror, you're satisfied with the end result. "Ready to go, honey?" Your dad knocks without entering and you swing open the door to greet him, where he pulls a surprised face at your outfit. "Woah, that is... Sparkly. But come on, we're going to be late."

You weren't. It wasn't a long journey there but for your dad being on time was the same as being late. So you get in the car with him and head to the Country Club for the second time that day.

Dean was waiting at the entrance, leaning against his rental car.

He wore a black tux and bow tie, which he was fiddling awkwardly with. He hated events like this, but you appreciated his support. He spots you getting out of the car and his lips drop open before shifting into a grin as those beautiful green eyes scan your form. You could see regret sparkling there - regret that he'd ever let you stop being his girlfriend.

Not like it was going to change your mind or anything, but it absolutely felt amazing to be desired in such a way.

"I'll see you inside." Your dad says, his tone tight at the arrival of your date to your side. He gives him a curt nod in greeting and heads inside. More than you expected, honestly.

"I see your old man still hates my guts." Dean snorts, taking your hand in his and stepping back to get the full view of you. "Hot damn. Look at you, ma'am. Mm." He was evidently having the kind of thoughts that would make the devil blush and from the look he gave you even you were struggling to remember why you broke up.

And then, like a slap in the face from the universe, another car pulls into the lot. Your eyes drift past Dean and to the new arrival as the door cracks open and out steps Rafe Cameron.

Dressed like he was sin incarnate, baby blue shirt not fully done up and complimenting the matching hue of his eyes. He had a charcoal grey suit on that was perfectly fitted to his tall, built frame - the one he'd bought in Charleston. His jaw pops as his eyes narrow, surveying the small collection of people heading inside. 

When his eyes meet yours, there's a hint of a smirk at the corner of his lips as he checks you out and you have to force yourself to look away before you're taken in entirely by his commanding presence.

"Shall we go inside?" You tell Dean, a flirtatious caress of his arm as you take it in your hand. 

The eyes watching you were still burning into the back of your head but you ignore it for now. 

Let him stare. 

You looked good enough to allow him to eat up the vision of it in his own time, since who could blame him for staring? 

The event turned out better than expected. In the vibe of the evening, the large hall decorated so beautifully, it was like a pretty midsommar party. The flowers looked gorgeous and the effort everyone made to look their best lifted your spirits tenfold. It was a success. And would continue to be, or so you hoped.