𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Attempting to focus on your work was excruciatingly futile. Your errant mind kept wandering back of its own accord to the events of the prior evening; how sweet Rafe had been and the different side to him that he'd exhibited. 

Not to mention his very talented skills.

Yet he was still the perfect gentleman, not pushing past what you were ready for and simply watching the stars with you until it was time to get you home. Then you hopped on his motorbike - which you were still afraid of, though significantly less - and he dropped you home. Even going so far as to walk you to your door with an innocent brush of lips to your cheek that sent a shiver rolling over your spine.

Goosebumps rise on the flesh of your neck and arms now in response to the memory, a knowing smile just echoing on your lips. 

The ding of an email brings you crashing down from the knee-weakening places your mind had starting drifting to and you clear your throat to reaffirm your focus as you get back to work. Another ding, though this time from your phone which lay face down beside you.

Teeth gnawing on your lower lip, you try to ignore the little leap in your chest. You were not about to be whipped after one date. He could wait.

Fingers tap away, though you had no idea what stemmed from them, running entirely on autopilot while your mind kicks up again, thinking only of the ding of your phone. Is that him messaging me? I wonder how his morning is going. Will I see him today?

Frustration and curiosity wins out, if only to shut up the needy, pathetic whining of your own inner voice. You lift the phone and turn it over, frowning at yourself as you slump back in the dining room chair. You came down here to have more space to work and since dad had just left for work, it was perfectly private and quiet to focus. Not that it helped of course.

R:- Good morning, beautiful.

It was afternoon, barely, but you had the feeling that Rafe was scarcely up before midday. Still, it draws a smile onto your lips and you should be ashamed at how fast he has his response.

Reply:- It's afternoon.

R:- So it is.

A beat, three little dots still lingering at the bottom of the screen to tell you he wasn't quite finished.

R:- You home?

Reply:- Yes. Why?

Your pearly whites were working away at your lower lip, a nasty habit that you were supposed to have kicked a long time ago but it was proving increasingly more difficult with the excitement and nerves that Rafe seemed to instill in you. Instead of a response on your screen, his reply comes in three raps against the front door.

As if controlled like a puppet on a string, your body tenses and leans a little forward, toward the direction of the door. Was that him? Sure, it was pretty damn obvious that it was, but it could also be a scary coincidence. 

A ding. A leap in your chest.

R:- You gonna let me in, or do I have to sweat out here all day?

Hm, now there was an enticing prospect. Rafe, hot and sweaty and pissed at you for leaving him outside in the scorching sun all afternoon. The image in your mind sends a tingle to your gut and you're half-tempted to leave him out there just to bring the fantasy to life and see what he would do.

Buuut that would be mean. 

And you were trying to be nicer, especially to him after the effort and attention he showed you last night. So, with a minimal grumble of protest, you stand and head to the front door which, when opened, reveals the man himself. He was already smiling though it grew larger as blue hues fall upon your frame. You were still wearing what you wore to bed - an over-sized baby pink shirt that hung to your mid-thighs and a pair of basic underwear beneath it.