Chp 3

In Nandini's penthouse

Nandini was sitting on the bed, lost in her thoughts when her phone pinged with a message from Saad

Jaana, i have called Manik and Ayan for dinner today so be there on time.

Nandini sighed at the message. She didn't want to see Manik again, especially outside of work. But she knew she couldn't avoid it forever, so she replied with a simple "okay."

She informed Heer about the dinner plan and got ready and went to Heer' penthouse which is next to hers

Heer, let's leave bhabhi must be waiting for us

Nandini said and Heer nodded and they went towards their Car. During the car ride, Heer noticed Nandini's unease and asked her what was wrong.

"It's just that I don't want to see Manik outside of work, Heer. I don't want to complicate things," Nandini replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

Heer placed a hand on Nandini's shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry, Nandini. I'll be with you the whole time," she said, trying to comfort her friend.

They reached Malik Mansion and saw Raima and Saad bickering over something
Bhai, Bhabhi what happened? Nandini asked as they entered the room.
Your brother is so annoying, you know Mrs. Kanna came home to talk about your marriage but he's being impossible about it," Raima complained, rolling her eyes at Saad.

Nandini and Heer chuckled at their antics as it was not new for them.
Bhabhi where's ayush?
Heer asked looking for ayush, Raima and saad's 4 year old son
He's upstairs, I'll bring him down
raima left to get ayush, while nandini and heer sat down on the couch. they were chatting when manik and ayan arrived.
Nandini could feel Manik's gaze on her but she didn't look at him
But to her luck Ayush came towards her and hugged her
Nandini smiled and hugged Ayush back. She loved spending time with him.
Ayu baby won't you hug me? Heer asked with a pout Ayush giggled and ran towards Heer, giving her a tight hug.
"She's so cute" Ayan thought to himself as he watched Heer play with Ayush
As they all settled down for dinner, Saad decided to break the ice. "So, Manik, Ayan, tell us about yourself," he said, trying to start a conversation.
Me and Ayan are friends from childhood. We wanted to extablish our own business, so we started a startup together. And we've been working hard to make it successful," Manik replied, trying to keep the conversation light and professional.
After dinner Manik and Ayan left after deciding to meet Nandini and Heer the next day for discussing the designs.

After they left Saad picked up ayush and went to his room while Raima was waiting for Heer and nandini in Heer's room
what's going on? Why do you look so tense?"
Raima asked as Nandini and Heer entered the room.
Nandini sighed and nodded. "it's about Manik. We had a one-night stand before, and now we're working together. I don't want things to get complicated," she explained, feeling a knot form in her stomach.
Raima raised an eyebrow. "You mean Raj Malhotra's son manik?
Nandini nodded in yes and said
"And that's why I'm avoiding him. You know bhabhi what will happen if they get to know about this.
Raima nodded in agreement. "But it's not fair to yourself, Nandini. You can't keep running away from him forever," Raima advised, placing a hand on Nandini's shoulder.

Heer chimed in, "And besides, he's not a bad guy. Maybe you two could work something out."
I don't want more complications in my life and even he might forget me after some days so it's better to avoid him as it was just an one night stand.
Raima and Heer exchanged a look, knowing that Nandini was hiding her true feelings.
Fine if you don't want to have any relationship but remember that we will always be with you
Raima said with a gentle smile, knowing that it was best to support Nandini in whatever decision she made.

Nandini looked at them and smiled and hugged them.

Next morning

Nandini and Heer got ready for the meeting with Manik and Ayan.

The four of them discussed the designs and came up with an agreement.

During the meeting, they all tried to keep things professional and brief. Manik tried to make eye contact with Nandini but she avoided it as much as she could.

After the meeting ended Ayan looked at manik who was continuously gawking nandini while she was ignoring him

Heer could you please come with me, actually I wanted to finalize some details about the project with you," Ayan said, while a confused Heer nodded and went with him

Here in the cabin manik and nandini were left and were waiting for Ayan and Heer to come back when a girl came inside without knocking and hugged manik

"Hey, baby! I missed you so much," the girl said, pecking Manik on the cheeks.

Navya what are you doing here?

Manik asked maintaining some distance between them

I was missing you babe

Navya replied with a pout and she looked at nandini

Hii, Nandini, what are you doing here? Are you her for any job interview?

Navya asked and nandini wanted to roll her eyes at but putting a fake smile she replied

We have started a new venture together

Do you both know eachother? Manik asked looking at them

She's my cousin" navya replied, wrapping her arm around Manik's waist.

Suddenly, the door opened and Ayan and Heer walked in, interrupting the awkward tension in the room.

Heer looked at Nandini and said

Nandu let's go , we have to get back to work.

Nandini quickly grabbed her stuff and walked out the door without looking back at Manik or Navya.

In Manik's cabin

Navya actually we have some meetings to attend so please can you leave now?" Manik said with a stern voice.

Navya pouted, "But I wanted to spend some time with you, Manik."

"I know, but we'll have to do it some other time. Right now, I have to focus on work," Manik replied, trying to keep his tone professional.

Navya sighed and gave Manik a quick hug before leaving

Character Sketch

Raima Saad Malik
Raima is Saad's wife and nandini's sister-in-law.
Mother of Ayush
She is a caring and supportive person who always tries to maintain a positive outlook on life.
Raima is a gynaecologist by profession
For her nandini is her daughter loves to annoy Saad with nandini's help
Heer is her cousin.

Saad Malik
Nandini's elder brother
He is a successful businessman and Owner of Malik Industries
After their parents' death nandini became his first daughter.
Loves her a loth but even irritates her with Heer's help
Considers Heer as his real sister
Over Possessive and protective  for his family