Chp 5

In Manik's office

Manik sat at his desk, staring blankly at his computer screen. He couldn't concentrate on anything, his mind still consumed with thoughts of Nandini.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Manik looked up to see Navya standing there, with food in her hand

Manik, I brought you lunch," Navya said, smiling at him.

Manik forced a smile. "Thanks, Navya. I appreciate it," he said, taking the food from her.

Navya sat down across from him, pulling out her own lunch. As they ate, Navya tried to make small talk, but Manik's mind was elsewhere.

Manik there's some food" navya said and touched near his lips where some food was left and the door suddenly opened, revealing Nandini standing there.

Nandini's heart sank at the sight of Navya, but she tried to keep her composure. "Hey, sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to drop off some files," she said, holding up the stack of papers.

Manik looked up, relieved to see Nandini. "Thanks, Nandini. I'll take those," he said, reaching out for the files.

Navya glared at Nandini and said

Nandini you should have knocked before coming in

I'm sorry, Navya. I didn't mean to intrude," she said, avoiding eye contact.

Manik looked between the two women, sensing the tension. "It's alright, Navya. There's no need to be rude," he said, defending Nandini.

Navya rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry, Manik. I just don't like unexpected visitors," she said, trying to play it off.

Nandini took the hint and quickly gathered her things. "I'll see you later, Manik," she said, giving him a small smile and making her way out of the office.

In Manik's cabin

Why did you behave like that navya?" Manik asked, his frustration evident in his voice.

Navya looked surprised. "What do you mean? How can she enter like that," she said, her tone defensive.

Manik sighed, trying to keep his temper in check. "Nandini was just dropping off some files, Navya. There was no need to be rude to her," he said, feeling irritated.

Navya rolled her eyes. "I don't trust her, Manik. She's always around you, and I don't like it," she said, her jealousy evident.

Manik looked at Navya and said

Navya please stop behaving like we are in a relationship. From the start I maintained distance with you and I dont have any kind of feelings for you

Navya crossed her arms, looking annoyed. "It's ok manik after our marriage you'll see that I'm the one for you," she said confidently.

Manik's eyes widened at her statement. "Marriage? Navya, where did that come from?" he asked, feeling shocked.

Navya smirked. "I know you don't believe in love, Manik. But I do. And I know that we would make a great couple, and even you father has promised dad that we will get married.

I never agreed to any of this, Navya. I don't want to get married, especially not to someone I don't love," he said, his voice firm.

Navya's expression hardened. "You'll come around eventually, Manik. And when you do, I'll be waiting for you," she said, standing up and grabbing her things.

Manik slumped in his chair, feeling exhausted. He couldn't believe the turn his life had taken in the last few weeks

Are you fine manik? Asked Ayan who entered in as he saw navya walking out of the cabin

It's just...I don't know how to deal with Navya. She's always trying to push herself onto me, and now she's talking about marriage," Manik said, feeling overwhelmed.

Ayan looked at him and said

So talk to your dad and clear everything

You're right. I need to talk to him and make it clear that I don't want to get married to Navya," he said, feeling slightly better.

Ayan patted his back. "Just take your time and think it through. You don't want to rush into anything," he said, giving him a reassuring smile.

Ayan how was your date with Heer

Ayan grinned, his face lighting up. "It was amazing, Manik. She's such a great girl, and we hit it off really well," he said, sounding excited.

Manik smiled, happy for his friend. "That's great to hear, Ayan. I'm really happy for you," he said, feeling relieved to have some positive news for a change.

Otherside nandini was sitting in office lost in her thoughts when Heer came in, looking ecstatic.

"Nandu, I have to tell you everything. Ayan and I had such a great time on our date. He's such a gentleman, and he even brought me flowers," Heer said, showing Nandini the bouquet of flowers.

Nandini smiled, feeling happy for her friend. "That's amazing, Heer. I'm so happy for you. You deserve someone who treats you well," she said, her eyes shining with joy.

Heer hugged Nandini. "Thank you for being such a good friend, Nandu. You're always there for me," she said, feeling grateful.

Nandini hugged her back, feeling a sense of fulfillment. She may not have found love yet, but seeing her friend happy was enough to make her feel content.

Did you meet manik? Heer asked

Nandini's smile faltered slightly at the mention of Manik. "Yes, I did. But Navya was there, so it was a bit awkward," she said, trying to brush it off.

Heer noticed the change in Nandini's demeanor and frowned. "Is everything okay, Nandu? You seem a bit off," she said, concerned.

Nandini hesitated for a moment before deciding to tell her friend the truth. "I can't help but feel like something's going on between Manik and Navya. And it's starting to affect me," she admitted, feeling vulnerable.

Heer's expression turned serious. "Have you talked to Manik about this?" she asked, her voice firm.

What's there to talk Heer? You know right Navya had told that manik and she are getting married and if it wasn't true then even manik would have spoken up. I don't want to be the one causing any problems," Nandini said, feeling defeated.

Heer shook her head. "Nandu, you can't just sit around and let things happen. You need to confront Manik and ask him what's going on. Don't let your feelings get pushed aside," she said, her tone encouraging.

But what if he has feelings for her because in these two weeks he has made a place in my heart.

Heer put a hand on Nandini's shoulder. "I understand your fear, Nandu. But you won't know until you talk to him. And even if he does have feelings for Navya, at least you'll have closure and can move on," she said, her voice gentle.
Fine I'll talk to him, now let's go home.
Heer nodded and they went home.

The day ended with nandini spending time with her family while manik and Ayan were in a club as they didn't wanted to be with navya.