9-THE FEROCIOUS BEASTS

"Rooooowwwl!"

The response she heard did not come from Leonardo Boras but from an ear-splitting roar of rage from the ferocious beast before her eyes.

The moment the fierce roar sounded, the massive and ferocious beasts immediately coiled up and pounced towards the two of them, their wide jaws salivating heavily, exposing long fangs that gleamed, thirsting for human blood-a sight that made people shiver in fright.

"Up the tree!" Leonardo's cold gaze swept around as he hollered in a deep voice.

Upon hearing his call to climb the trees, a wide smile came onto Jocefie's face. She had said that the Uncle was a nice man!

"Uncle, be careful too."

She slipped quickly up a huge tree beside her and hugged a wide branch to look down at the scene below, eager to see what kind of moves the Uncle would be able to throw out.

But when she spied out of the corner of her eyes from her high vantage point at, the young man hidden behind them holding up a bow aimed right at the Uncle below her, a cold glint immediately flashed in her eyes.

But, her mind raced as she saw one of the ferocious beasts ram itself into the big tree she was on. She released the arm hugging the branch and tried herself to fall off the tree at the same moment of impact from the beast's ramming.

"Ahhh!"

Engaged with more than ten of the ferocious beasts, Leonardo Boras instinctively turned his head back to look and his face darkened slightly. He was about to summon his powers to catch the beggar, but he didn't make it because he saw beggar wink at him. Upon seeing that, his eyebrows creased together as he swung his sword at the ferocious beast charging in at him.

At the same moment, after Jocefie fell to the ground, she immediately picked up her legs and ran screaming:

"Argh! Help!"

Her movements were queer. Obviously not possessing a sliver of mystical aura as she ran around haphazardly among the ferocious beasts, she somehow avoided being hit. After running a circle around them, she did not run to hide behind Leonardo Boras but ended up running back the way they had come.

"Help me....."

The ten men hidden behind a clump of trees not too far away saw Jocefie running in their direction, with her being chased by seven or eight of those ferocious beasts, and their faces suddenly paled.

"Damn it!"
The young man cursed softly. He hadn't been able to get a good aim with the pulled-back bow in his hand due to the erratic movements of the black-robed figure in front of him, and when he saw the ferocious beasts running towards them, he knew his assassination attempt had flopped. Hence, he quickly shifted the bow slightly to train his aim directly at the little beggar and released it.

"Ready yourselves for battle!"
The middle-aged man shouted out and his mystical aura flared out as he whipped out the short sword at his hip.

When Jocefie saw the young man release his arrow at her, the corners of Jocefie's mouth curled up like hooks, turning into a strange smile that looked decidedly sinister.
Once bitten twice shy, against people who had repeatedly tried to take her life, she would however not repeatedly spare them theirs.

Furthermore, her hands began to itch. She would use this group of people to test her mettle in this world. Her predetermined targets poured out, her bloodthirsty killer instinct erupted, and a terrifying aura ignited with a conqueror's imposing presence.

Their commander, a middle-aged male, was immediately overcome with irrational panic and shuddered in complete horror only by the shift in her eyes and the aura flowing from her being. He had met many types of individuals in his life and was painfully aware that the tiny beggar now was entirely different from earlier. He trembled in horror at the sudden overpowering conqueror's presence, the chilling homicidal atmosphere, and the exciting air flowing with confidence in those eyes.

But, this person possessed not a shard of mystical power. He believed that no matter how strong an aura the little beggar was able to push out, there was no way the little beggar can overpower him in battle!

Leonardo's gaze fell into the little beggar as well, and his deep eyes flashed a bright glint.

As expected, she wasn't as harmless and simple person as she portrayed herself to be. But thinking about it made him realize that he should have noticed the little beggar wasn't an ordinary person. What kind of ordinary person would dare to enter the forbidden forest alone? However, without an ounce of mystical power in her, she would not be a match for those people.But very soon, he came to yet another realization that he had still underestimated the beggar.

Later, Leonardo only managed to see the figure employ some strange moves to dodge the arrow speeding towards Jocefie, while leading the eight of those ferocious beasts towards the group of men. She coiled her legs as she landed, and immediately leapt up as her hands grabbed a tree branch as she spun. Making full use of the forward momentum, her feet kicked out, launching her off the tree, speeding like a bullet straight at her target, naturally it was the young man with a bow still gripped in his hand.

"Be quick! Avoid!"

The ground rumbled with each step of the beasts, the plants that were stepped on were broken. Even the birds in the vicinity were eager to fly because of what was happening.

The middle-aged man shouted out in shock.
Even the bow that was placed on his back he didn't think to pull. He had wanted to rush forward to drag the young man away, but the ferocious beasts had pounced towards him, and he himself had his hands full; where would he have the time to help him?

Unexpectedly, he could only watch futilely as the little beggar which is Jocefie Abad, flew speedily down his foot, fully extended.

Fortunately, the young man had been startled awake with the deafening shout, and his body had taken a reflexive step back, narrowly avoiding the kick that Jocefie Abad had aimed right at his head and that would have taken his life.

But he was still half a heartbeat too slow, and he was still kicked in the face. The young man stumbled back a few steps from the impact, and at that moment, a ferocious beast charged at him, but the young girl at his side blocked the blow for him.

"Elder Brother! Snap out of it!" The young girl shrieked, her voice panicked, her face filled with anxiety.

The young man recovered at that moment, and the burning pain on his face made his rage rise up in his heart. He kept the mystical bow, and he diverted his mystical power into a surge. He gathered the mystical energy into his two fists and struck out!

A heavy blow but a smooth sound surrounded, and the ferocious beast that had charged at him was suddenly sent flying from the impact.

"Hooooowwwl!"

The ferocious beast howled in pain, and its body crashed heavily to the ground as the ground trembled slightly from the impact.

Next is the beasts growling.

When the guards saw that the young man had sent a whole beast flying with just one strike, they were suddenly stoked. Their eyes shone as they shouted,

"Young Master, you are truly magnificent!".
The disarray that had caused chaos among them, having been taken off guard, was quickly calmed at that time, as their hearts were boiling with battlelust.

Soon after, they were able to dispatch all of the fierce animals.

Several corpses of the beasts were scattered in a mess on the ground as the pungent stench of blood filled in the air.

After the incident, they traveled again in their direction, but they were very surprised to find a distant place with more corpses of beasts not far from them, which were obviously killed by a single man dressed in black and wearing mascara. But the man in black with mascara is gone, and not only that, the little beggar and their second uncle are also missing.

"Elder Brother, where is Second Uncle?"