3

Midnight cuddles

Jiseok sat down on the table beside Hyeongjun. Hyeongjun sighed looking to him and the paper before the two of them.

"Are we really partners for the assignment?" He asked, Jiseok smiled.

"Yup." Jiseok spun his pencil through his fingers.

"Alright what are we doing?" He flipped the paper over and checked the page. The differences between a chemical reaction and physical reaction.

Sighing he grabbed out his pencil and wrote a few differences. Jiseok watched him as he hunched over the table head down while writing the differences, a small smile creeping onto his face. It disappeared once Hyeongjun spoke to him.

"What do you want to do for this part?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

"What do you mean?" Jiseok asked, Hyeongjun pointed his pencil to the part he was up to.

"Do you want to explain Chemical or Physical?" he asked stern.

He was not playing around this time. Hyeongjun's tempter got on Jiseok's nerves, it was dumb for the teacher to put the two school toppers in a group together on an assignment worth most of their science grade.

The two never worked well in projects something was always broken, either figuratively or physically. Someone always ended up yelling at the other and it never ended well. The only good part that came out of it was their grade.

"I'll do chemical." He replied getting out his book, Hyeongjun sighed and got out his own, the two beginning to start their research farther.

Jiseok couldn't help but steal glances at Hyeongjun, the way he would silently stare a few times at Jiseok and the way he stole his rubber without permission.

Hyeongjun on the other hand hated how Jiseok kept on taking up the whole table by spreading all his books, pens, papers, and his arms all over the table only giving him a small space to work in.

Not to mention the unnecessary constant pen spins, some of them ended up flicked onto Hyeongjun's paper and he would always just mumble "It's fine."

The two went almost the whole class not talking, Hyeongjun's focus was broken once Jiseok began talking to the person beside them.

"Bro, you free this afternoon?" He asked, Hyeongjun tried to tune him out.

"Why you wanna hang out?" He asked.

"Yeah." He replied hopefully.

"I mean, I would but I have a game tonight." The boy replied. Jiseok clicked his fingers.

"Damn..." He whispered under his breath. "Good luck though, tell me about it tomorrow." Jiseok was about to turn away when a girl caught his attention.

"Hey, if you still wanna hang out I'm always free, we could go to the new café." She explained, Hyeongjun scoffed quietly, Jiseok heard and he only smirked.

"Sure, why not?" He answered, the girl chuckled.

"Thanks, I'll see you there after school."

"Great." Hyeongjun looked up and rolled his eyes as he saw Jiseok smile widely.

"What? Jealous?" he teased. Hyeongjun scoffed.

"Why would I be jealous? I'm still beating you at everything else." He answered.

"Oh~" Jiseok sang. "We getting feisty are we?"

Jiseok was now in his personal space inches away from Hyeongjun's red face.