laney simpson degrassi

full name

full name. laney elizabeth simpson
nicknames. lane (everyone) lane-lane (paige michelchuk/marco del rossi) baby (jay hogart) twin (craig manning) my sweet flower (rick murray) laney bear (craig manning)
birthday. may 13th
age. 15 years old to tba
gender. fem presenting non binary
sexuality. pansexual
pronouns. they/them/theirs
appearance. ramona flowers

 ramona flowers

hair color(s). throughout their appearance in the series, they dye their hair three times. green, magenta, and blue.
eye color. brown
scars/tattoos. they have a gash scar on their inner thigh from a bike accident when they were 10. they get a tattoo of an angel on their wrist to symbolize craig manning who was their saving grace after rick died.
personality. tba
backstory. they were born to archie "snake" simpson and an unknown woman. they grew up with rick murray. he was their next door neighbor and they were the closest of close. they loved each other deeply. it was a sick kind of puppy live because he manipulated them into loving him. they were inseparable. until they started highschool, when laney met craig manning and jay hogart. rick hated that he had no control over them anymore, but he started to date terri anyway. this is when laney got diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
love interest(s). rick murray (he abused them. they never actually dated but the feelings they had were mutual. he held them at gunpoint in 4x8, traumatizing them for life.) craig manning (craig was their saving grace after rick died. he kept them stable, even when he had been diagnosed with bipolar. theyd call each other on their little nokia's and take their meds together while craig listed them off- since they basically took the same meds.) jay hogart (they didn't start having feelings until season 4, where they started hanging out. he was awful to them in the beginning of their relationship, meaning he convinced them to go off their meds and start doing drugs- even though he himself only smoked weed. he only started getting better and changing when laney got pregnant and they started living together.)
mental conditions. bipolar disorder (medicated with anti depressants, anti anxiety meds, anti psychotics, and mood stabilizers.)
vices. cocaine (post 4x8-before 5x1)
seasons. seasons 4-tba
story arcs. they only got their own story arc after 4x8, which entailed them going off the rails and meeting jay hogart- after they had gotten a bit better thanks to craig manning. but, jay ruined all that progress and made them go off the rails. the relationship was extremely toxic, but they loved each other. their first story arc stopped with them almost overdosing and getting help. their next story arc included them living with jay, and their relationship having improved. in the beginning of season 5, jay is talking with JT at the pharmacy, and asks if they have any pre natal vitamins, and then says 'want the wrinkly babe to come out healthy, you know? lane hates the taste of em.. so i think ill melt em and put em in juice,' saying that laney is pregnant. at this point, theyre two months pregnant, and theyre happy with jay- even though he's not perfect.
going into season 6, sean is at work with jay at the auto shop. jay is going back and forth between working on a car and rocking a carseat, cooing at the baby inside, indicating that the baby- nicola- had been born. sean asks jay why the baby isn't home with laney and jay goes, 'well, lane is startin' back at degrassi with their senior year, so somebody's gotta watch the kid while they're at school and we can't afford a babysitter. nicki likes the sound of power tools, makes her sleep, so i just bring her to work with me. i would like to leave her with lane's dad, but lane said no.'
a few episodes later, jay goes to laney's father and step mother's house, seemingly exhausted with the carseat on the crook of his elbow. lane's father, archie answers the door. he tells him that laney got up and fucked off in the middle of the night, leaving him with nicki by himself. he begs archie for help and he obviously obliges. nobody knows where laney ran off to, and jay isn't angry that they left- he just wants them to come home.
sometime later, but still in season 6, laney comes home. they're high out of their mind and obviously going into a down with their bipolar disorder. jay isn't angry at them, he's just happy when they're home. when laney gets back on their meds, they both make the mutual decision to give nicola up for adoption. their reasoning for this is that laney is a bipolar recovering addict and that jay has a criminal past and they just can't support a child. they go through with a closed adoption.