50: S

I stood there motionlessly, staring down at Erik's unconscious form sprawled on my floor.

My fists still ached, a painful yet satisfying reminder of the flurry of punches I had thrown. His face was a mess of bruises and cuts, his chest rising and falling with steady breaths. 

Despite the adrenaline coursing through my veins, my heartbeat pounded heavily with a regret that had nothing to do with the violence.

Every punch I had landed on Erik, I saw Dahlia's face, her shock, her fear. I had wanted to hit Erik ever since I found out he had hurt her, but not like this, not in front of her. This wasn't supposed to be what she remembered from tonight.

My mind traced back to the hours before, when life was simpler, the lights were brighter, the air fresher.

Dahlia and I... we were on the cusp of something beautiful. We had kissed under the soft glow of the lights, our hearts beating in tandem, a symphony of emotion and connection that had left me breathless.

The world had seemed to narrow down to just her and me, every other noise drowned out by the soft whispers of our hearts.

I remembered the soft touch of her lips, the way her fingers had danced on the back of my neck, sending electric sparks through my veins. It had been the most perfect moment of my life, the taste of her lips sweeter than any victory. I had never felt more connected to someone, so utterly lost and found at the same time.

That moment had moved me in ways I couldn't explain. The intensity of it all had brought tears to my eyes, not out of sadness but out of pure, raw admiration for Dahlia. Her strength, her resilience, was an awe-inspiring beacon in my life.

From the moment I met her, I was drawn to her. She had been the light, and I had been the moth.

Each day, as I got to know her more, the feeling grew stronger, blossoming into something more profound. I had been falling for Dahlia for weeks, tumbling into a sea of feelings I hadn't experienced before. She was strong, fierce, brave. And I found myself drawn to that strength, that fire.

But now, in the cold aftermath of the fight, with the harsh reality of Erik's presence still lingering in the air, I wondered if we would ever be the same. Dahlia has always told me that when Daisy  knew... she would be long gone. Everything was about to come out, and I didn't know where that was going  to leave us.

In the quiet solitude of the night, a single thought echoed in my mind. I hoped, with every fiber of my being, that Dahlia would understand why I did what I did. I hoped she could see why I'm about to let her secret free. And I just had to hope that she was here to stay.

Shaking off my thoughts, I turned my gaze towards the door, an anxious anticipation coiling in my gut. Daisy would be here soon, and I would have to face her.

I knew it was time to tell her. I had to tell her the truth. I had to tell her all of the things I've been simultaneously wanting and dreading to tell her since I found out the truth.

I knew I had to get her to believe me. Not just for Dahlia's sake, but for her sake too. She was engaged to a monster, and she had no idea.

As I stood there, with the unconscious body of Erik at my feet, I steeled myself for the conversation that was about to come. The night was long from over, and there was still so much left to say.

The sudden crack of the front door opening broke through my chaotic thoughts, and in a blink, Daisy stood there in the entryway, her eyes wide and stricken as they took in the scene before her.

Her gaze flickered from me to Erik, sprawled on the floor, and the shocked gasp that left her lips seemed to cut through the silence like a knife.

"Oh my God, Erik!" Daisy rushed into the room, dropping to her knees beside Erik, her hands fluttering in helpless confusion as she turned her bewildered gaze up at me. "Sterling, what... what happened?"