Chapter 11

I was sitting on the dining table, almost done using Nick's laptop to complete my assignments for the day. I decided to do it as soon as possible because I didn't want anything else weighing on me the entire day. I like to think I don't really care about my grades, and yet I find myself stressing about homework all day. My mind doesn't seem to rest unless it's complete.

"Boys go grab the rest of the groceries form the car, would you?" Mary Lou, the triplets Mom hollers as she stumbles in with groceries in her arms as she lays them on the counter.

"Oh hey, Amira. staying for dinner?" Mary Lou says once she spots me with a smile. Mary was like a Mother to me. She was there to bandage my my first real injury when my real mother wasn't even here to do it. Alright, so maybe I should pipe down with the bitterness, but this all just felt like I was blind sided. What's next? My father?

"How about the night." I tell her because I knew that I couldn't stand to go back home, not yet at least. It wasn't really something out of character for me to spend the night, I used to do it all the time, a lot less now, but it's still something normal.

"Well you already know that you are always welcome here." She says as she walks by me giving me a kiss on the head as she makes her way towards the pantry.

"You aren't going to ask why?" I ask her, because although Mary Lou was one of the most amazing women in my life, I didn't believe for one second she wasn't curious.

  Unless...

"They told you didn't they?" I sigh, because now it was all starting to make sense. Our families have always been close, hence the constant communication. I'm guessing after the millions of texts my sisters sent me and not getting a response, they resort to calling up Mary Lou. Because everyone knows if I'm not home, then I'm here. Perhaps, one day I'll be somewhere no one can find me.

"They're worried about you." Mary sighs once she makes her way back to the table and takes a seat next to me.

"They don't need to be. I'm fine." I state.

"I just don't understand what she's doing here and quite honestly I'm well over the phase of wanting answers. I just want her to go away. It really shouldn't be such a hard task for her." I say typing away on the laptop to avoid looking into her eyes, because I knew if I looked at them I wouldn't be able to take it. It's something she shared with Matt, it's not that their eyes look alike, but they both carry something in them that I can not resist.

"You're hurt." Mary acknowledges her hand patting my back comfortingly.

"No, I'm frustrated." I clarify and on cue the boys walk in with the rest of the groceries their loud voices echoing through the walls.

"Mom, you didn't get any Pepsi?" Chris says rummaging through all the groceries like a mad man.

"No, you have been having more than is healthy honey. It's time for an intervention." Mary Lou says standing up and crossing her hand over her chest giving him a stern look.

"But-But I don't understand."he says looking over at her with hurt eyes.

            "It's just Pepsi chill." Nick shrugs as he pops open a can of Dr.Pepper

            "Now you are the one who doesn't understand." He shoves Nick dramatically as he walks up the stairs and to to his room I assume.

"Should I go after him?" Matt asks the room.

"Nah, I'm making lasagna he'll be down once he smells it." Mary Lou waves off as she enters the kitchen to start putting away things, I get up to help her because it was the least I could do and besides I already knew where everything goes.