Chapter 19-Matt's P.O.V.

We were holding hands as we walk around the lit up fields, both of us still buzzing from everything that just happened. I can't believe I finally kissed the girl of my dreams. I had waited for this moment for so long that it almost feels like a dream.

"So, how long have you liked me?" I ask her our hands go from pancake to waffles as I intertwines our hands together. Now that I've got her, there was no way I was ever going to let her go.

"You're my person, Matt." She rasps her eyes trailing off and I know it's because she's nervous to be admitting this. "You've always been my person."

         I knew what she was saying because it was how I felt too. I've always liked her, since before feelings even came into the picture, she was always the person I wanted to spend my days with.

            "But it was the butterflies." She clarifies her eyes twinkling under the light. "It's like they were always there just waiting to finally be free and now that they are, they are ready to react to the way you make me feel."

"And How's that?" I ask finding myself breathless as I kiss the back of her hand.

"Like I'm the only girl in the world." She explains her face lighting up with a beautiful smile, and I knew I could die happy now that I've seen her smile the way she's smiling at me in this moment.

"To me you are the only girl in the world." I admit to her as I spin her around causing her to twirl as her hair bounces, a few giggles escaping her lips at the moment.

"Really? So tell me, Matty B. How long have you liked me?" She throws back and I instantly didn't know how to tell her that I didn't just like her, I loved her. But everything was going so well right now and I didn't want to scare her off with all my feelings yet.

"Since the day we met." I decide to tell her instead.

"We were like seven." She giggles not believing me, but if only she knew.

"I'm a guy that knows what he wants." I shrug as I kiss the top of her head. God, I couldn't stop kissing her. It was as if I'd die without touching her for longer than a couple seconds.

"So, what does this mean for us?" She pauses as she turns to face me her beautiful brown eyes staring up at me, her eyes twinkling under the lights. She was beautiful, it was actually hard to look at her sometimes.

"Friends?" I joke as she shoves me with an eye roll.

"My girlfriend?" I confirm as she quickly blushes away a shy smile on her face , her dimples on display. I wanted to pinch her cute little cheeks.

It's a miracle that I didn't say something stupid like calling her my wife. It might be a little too soon for that.

           Baby steps.

"We can't." She says suddenly letting go of our hands and quickly looking away. As it happened I instantly felt the warmth of her slipping away from my fingers.

"What?" My face falls, hoping she's just messing with me.

"I couldn't tell everyone we were dating only for us to not work out and ruin everything." She shakes her head trying to control her racing thoughts and I knew she was overthinking everything right now.

"We'll work it out, god Amira. Don't you know how long I've wanted you to be mine? I wouldn't ever take this for granted." I say trying to calm her nerves and if we're being honest, mine as well.