Chapter 12- Matt's P.O.V

"Come on Matt, please." Chris whines once again trying to convince me to drive him to the nearest convince store to buy him some Pepsi.

"Chris, this is for your own good." I tell him as I continue to play my video game as he sits nagging me.

"If you really cared for me you'd understand I'm dying right now." Chris dramatically falls onto the fall faking death.

"Alright fine." I sigh taking my headphone off and turning off my controller. "If you just promise to start cutting back on the Pepsi, I'll take you."

"How much are we talking?" Chris eyes my pinky finger that I stuck out for him to finish the promise.

"3 cans a week." I say as Chris almost stumbles back. You would think it was doable but Chris drinks about 3 cans a day.

"Deal." He surrenders interlocking our pinkies and now I knew he couldn't break the promise. We haven't broken a promise since we were 6.

        We get up to put on our shoes and grab my keys when Nick and Amira come down the stairs laughing about something.

          "Hey, where you guys headed?" Nick asks grabbing a water from the fridge as he starts to unscrew it and takes a sip.

        "Gas station to fuel Chris's addiction. You guys want anything?" I ask swinging my keys around my finger as indication.

        "Isn't he on Pepsi probation?" Nick snickers as Chris throws him a dirty look.

        "I have a list actually." Nick says responding to my question as I knew immediately there was no way in hell I was going to go around checking off his long ass weird list.

        "I'm not getting all that, if you want you can come and get it yourself." I suggest.

         "Why can't you do this one thing for me, i always do so much for you." Nick argues.

          "Nick you say this every time, stop guilting me to do things for you." I cross my hands over my chest.

"Whatever." Nick says turning to Chris, "How about you?"

         "You get nothing." Chris says clearly being salty about the earlier comment.

           "Alright enough of this game of glare wars." Amira says breaking our glaring match. "I'll go with them and grab the stuff you need, sounds good?"

          "This is why you're my favorite." Nick says hugging Amira tightly.

         "Out of who?" Amira giggles confused at his proclamation.

       "Shhh don't ruin the moment." He says tapping her head.

         "Alright, I think we should go before things get weird." Amira says patting my shoulder as I instantly felt butterflies rush.

         "Isn't it already?" Chris mumbles behind us as we head out.

          "Send me your list." Amira calls back to Nick who shouts an 'okay' back.

~~

           "Scrub daddy?" Amira says with a confused expression reading Nick's list. "Why does he need a scrub daddy? He doesn't even wash the dishes."

           "I stopped questioning Nick as soon as I learned his answers never did me any good favors." I say placing the candle back onto the shelf that Amira was smelling and begged me to smell it too.