Chapter 18

It took me about 6 hours to get ready. It look one look in the mirror for me to realize that I looked like Elena from the vampire diaries in that episode where she runs for miss mystic falls, she was dressed in a blue dress with her hair curled to perfection. It was the same episode where she ends up being escorted by Damon instead of Stefan. I mean it wasn't exactly the same, but it was definitely a similar look. My dress was a bit more modernized, but the hair and the pendant in the middle were almost identical.

I sigh trying not to dwell on it much. Or anything really. I was already as nervous as ever. The boys should be coming to pick us up any second now and I'm not sure how much longer I can look Matt in the eye and not confess my feelings for him.

"Look at us." Sasha squeals, coming in with her arm looped with Maya's. She comes over and loops my arm with her free one and connected us all together. "We look so hot."

Truly they looked amazing, I didn't know Sasha could look any better than I've already imagined in her red dress and yet here she stands looking as gorgeous as ever.

Maya was dressed in pink, a color I could never imagine she would wear. Yet, she somehow stepped out of her comfort zone and I'm so glad she did because she looked amazing. The pink really suited her soft features and she looked like a goddess.

The door bell cuts through the air.

"That must be the boys." Sasha claps once to grab our attention. "You guys ready?"

"As I'll ever be." Maya sighs in defeat. It was quiet a challenge to get her dressed up today, since Maya doesn't really do the dressing up thing.

"I'll meet you guys down in a minute, just gonna reapply my gloss." I tell them.

"You got two minutes or I'll come back up and drag you down." Sasha warns.

"Alright, Mother." I roll my eyes as she sticks her tongue out at me before they both leave the room.

I reapply my gloss as I take a deep breath.

You got this.

I start making my way down the stairs where they were already taking pictures, while Matt was sitting on the bottom stair holding a small box, waiting patiently for my appearance.

As soon as he heard my footsteps, which were hard to conceal since they were 4 inch heels, he gets up quickly turning towards the direction of the stairs as he looks up his eyes finding mine.

The eye contact was something so strong. I'm not sure how I could describe how electric it felt whenever our eyes connected, no matter how far away.

He looked so handsome.

Another thing I couldn't even explain, but him dressed in a suit was something I rarely got to see and when I did, I considered myself lucky.

We never even discussed matching and yet his tie was the same color as my dress, he was such a beautiful man. Inside and out and all around.

"I—for, uh you?" He stutters as he shoves the box in my hand turning his face slightly to the right to try and hide his reddening face. I give him a curious expression as I open the box to reveal a white corsage.

"Matt." I call to him to try to get his attention, but he turns his face further away, clearly nervous.

"Matty." I say as I lift his head up and in front of me, so our eyes could meet again. "Won't you put it on for me?"