- Chapter Two -

"She's out," Clint sighed tiredly, leaning back on the side of the cargo bay. "Probably the bloodloss."

"I take it this isn't normal for her," Fury asked quietly, slowly cleaning the blood from his hands. "I've seen her shake off gunshot wounds like they were nothing."

"No it isn't," Clint sighed, copying his boss's actions. "At least the wound is properly covered now so hopefully it'll stop bleeding."

"The compression bandage should help," Fury agreed. "And yes, I trust the medical team we are going to. At least as much as I trust anyone right now."

"You're using that word more than usual, Sir," Clint narrowed his eyes at his boss who had moved to sit on a seat on the other side of the cargo bay. "Trust."

"I lost my one good eye," Fury replied.

"Trust is too easily lost," Clint shrugged.

"Clint?"

"Nat?" Clint moved to kneel next to her.

"Help me up?" She requested softly.

"Nat, you just passed out," Clint objected. "You must rest." He reached out to discourage her as she went to push herself up. At her glare he quickly relented. "Let me." Clint put an arm under her back lifting her up to lean against the cargo bay wall before resuming his position. He pulled her slightly closer before removing his arm from around her. Natasha tried to straighten up, but ended up leaning on his shoulder gasping in pain instead.

"Nat, just breathe," Clint reminded her softly, reaching out to steady her.

"Five minutes, Sir," The pilot called over her shoulder.

"Those bags contain your mission gear," Fury pointed to two bags side by side near the front of the cargo bay. "I took the liberty of sending Agent Hill to collect your belongings from on base. I also had her swing by and check the security at your off base apartments. I know you hate other people in your spaces but it was necessary."

"Sir?"

"The two of you are going into deep shadow," Fury announced. "I'll brief you on the situation once Romanoff's shoulder is properly seen to, and you've both had a chance to rest."

"Deep shadow?" Clint shared a look with Natasha. "Sir, shouldn't we be trying to draw Lisov out and get rid of him once and for all?"

"Does your partner look up to going after him?" Fury snapped. He waited for Clint to acknowledge he was right before continuing. "There's a storm coming." His tone was final. "I need you two ready when it hits."

"Yes, Sir," Clint's reluctance was evident.

"Клинт (Clint)," Natasha whispered.

"Я знаю, Таша (I know, Tasha)," Clint sighed. "Это не значит, что я этому рад (Doesn't mean I'm happy about it)."

"Я знаю, Клинт (I know, Clint)," Natasha echoed his words back to him. "We'll be ready."

"Landing in one minute, Sir," The pilot called as they began to descend. "The med team is on standby."

"We're transferring to a mobile command centre," Fury announced. "Bring everything, we're abandoning the quinjet."

Clint stood ready to collect his and Natasha's bags, waiting for the gentle bump signalling the quinjet had landed. Fury grabbed his bag heading straight for the ramp as it began to lower.

"Agents," The pilot greeted them as she shouldered the last bag.

"Agent Hill?" They nodded to her. She hurried past them down the ramp to follow Fury as he moved away from the quinjet.