Pretty boys

"Hey Youssef, you ready to go home?" Nathan called out, hanging off the doorframe to my classroom.

"Nearly, one second." I nodded.

I shut my computer off, cleaned the whiteboard and then took Nathan's hand as we walked towards my car.

"How was today?" Nathan asked as he plugged his seatbelt in.

"Pretty good. I've been looking at how to help someone who age regresses." I answered.

"Oh that's good, what did it say?"

"Be patient and understanding. Don't freak out. Keep them safe, physically and mentally." I listed off, tapping the wheel with each sentence.

"Yeah, and hopefully Yusuf will talk to us about what we can do specifically for him."

"If he trusts us."

"He trusts you, and he seemed happy enough with me earlier."

I know it's not that simple. We'd have to work and work for him to become comfortable enough to let us take care of him. From what I know, he'd have to trust us almost entirely to keep him safe and happy and healthy for however long he may be small for. He already has issues with trusting people, and we are teachers. We'd have to go through an entire process, and that's only allowed because his father is most likely an abusive asshole.

"Sef?"

"Sorry. Lost in thought. Hopefully he'll trust us enough soon." I nodded, knowing it was best to let him dream at this point.

We sat in a comfortable silence, Nathan peering out the window whilst I drove us home. I knew we were right about him regressing, but I didn't know how to go about it next. Waiting is cowardly. Ambushing him is rude. Coaxing the truth out is sly. Which would I rather be?

"Let's forget about work, and everything to do with work. Let's watch I Kissed A Boy and swoon over everyone there." Nathan chuckled as I sat down at my laptop.

I had no good reason to decline, so I checked my emails on my phone as Nathan turned the tv on. Nothing important, just meeting dates and curriculum plans.

"You ready to defend Josh with your entire heart?"

"Oh definitely, I love him." I nodded.

He reminds me of myself. We were both raised very religiously and that led to our late coming out. It took me nearly two years to find a boyfriend, but I've got him now and I don't plan on letting him go.

I got comfy, letting Nathan pull my tie from around my neck and unbutton two of my shirt buttons.

"Watch the pretty boys, stop thinking about Yusuf." He whispered before kissing just above my ear a few times.

"He worries me, some of the things he says makes my head turn."

"I know that, but watch the pretty gays."

I laughed, but listened to him. I put my phone on the table and focused myself on the tv, and the eleven gorgeous men occupying my tv.

Ding.