Anything :)

A/N: I've been on holiday so writing and posting has been slow lately 😭
The three people that actually read this can have two chapters today :)

Yusuf's POV:

I felt like how I felt last night, but better? I didn't want to cry, I just wanted Mr Farouk to keep talking to me. I'd attempted a bit of Art before going to find Mr Farouk and forgot to clean up.

"Thank you kiddo." Mr Farouk smiled, messing my hair up slightly as I walked past him.
"We still have about half an hour before form starts, what shall we do to keep you busy?"

I shrugged.

"So descriptive, how about we-" Mr Farouk began before I rushed to his chair.
"Do you want to sit on my spinny chair?"

I nodded immediately.

"Okay then, for a little while." Mr Farouk laughed as I started to spin and squeal.

I knew I was acting childish, but Mr Farouk didn't really care and I was having fun.

"Hey, kiddo, can I ask you something?"

I nodded as I tried to stop myself from spinning.

"Ever heard of age regression?"

I shook my head, honestly. I knew a little bit about it, but hardly anything.

"It's basically a coping mechanism where someone goes back to a younger age, in their mind. Some people do it because of trauma, some do it for fun. It's a good way of coping if I'm honest."

Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit!

"Why would I care about that?"

Mr Farouk gave me a stare, a soft one, but it still made me crawl back into my brain and cry.

Thankfully, Liam walked in and I could go sit with him instead of having the most awkward conversation alive with Farouk.

"How are you here so early?" Liam asked.

"Meeting with my dad, and Mr Farouk said I could just stay with him until form."

Liam nodded before looking around and reaching for his phone.

"He'll see you."

"As if I care."

As if by magic, Mr Farouk came up behind us and reached his arm out to Liam.

"Phone, please." He spoke with a fake smile.

"It's my phone."

"And you decided to get it out in my classroom, which isn't allowed. Phone please."

Liam basically threw his phone down into Mr Farouk's hand before throwing a mini tantrum.

I stayed mostly silent in form, I normally do. I have to wait for SLT to take me to iso. Not today though, today I got to stay for the whole 30 minutes.

Once everyone had left, Mr Farouk made me stay back for a few minutes.

"I didn't mean anything by what I said. Just an observation from the past few weeks."

"I think you're right."

"You think?"

"I don't know. I don't make it happen, it just happens." I shrugged, staring at my shoes.

"That's okay. I'm always here for you if you ever need anything."

"Like what?"

"Like anything, within reason."

I nodded slowly.

"Go on, you don't want to be late. I'll see you last lesson."

"We both know I won't last that long." I giggled as I walked out of his classroom.