Terrible Threes?

Youssef's POV:

I was really worried about him. I couldn't help him either, which just made things worse in my head. He wouldn't respond and I really hope he's just decided to have an early night.

"He'll be okay. He's tough."

"What if he isn't?"

"Youssef. What can you do for him right now?"

I stayed quiet.

"Exactly. If he really needs you, he'll email." Nathan spoke as I shook my head.
"It's not like you can just show up at his house anyways, try not to worry about things you can't change."

"What if he's small, and needs someone?"

"He probably is, and he knows we are here for him. Email him and check, then please come to bed."

YF: Just checking you're okay. Please answer me as soon as you see this.

An hour passed before Nathan dragged me to our bedroom. Eventually I fell asleep, only to wake up four hours later.

YL: I'm fine sir, thanks. See you in form.
3:47am

"He replied." I groaned, rubbing my eyes so hard I had to readjust my sight for a second.

"That's good, is he okay?"

"He says he is."

"See, nothing to worry about. Get your suit on, I'll make breakfast."

We ate our breakfast before driving to school. I had some lessons to plan and a meeting before form time so getting in early was my only option.

"I'll see you at break." Nathan smiled, letting me kiss his hand a few times before walking round to my side of the car and opening the door.

"Such a gentleman." I smiled, pulling him by his tie for a quick kiss.

After we got over our giggles, we walked towards our classrooms.

"Morning sir." Yusuf spoke as I opened the door.

"How are you here?"

"Your door doesn't lock properly. And I couldn't stay in my house. My dad hates me."

"I'm sure he doesn't."

"He does." Yusuf began to cry, his voice shaking slightly.

In complete silence, I walked over to his desk and sat down next to him. I can't exactly hug him, at least not if I initiated the hug. It's a whole rule, it does make sense.

"I can't promise anything, so please don't get your hopes up, but I'm part of this foster care program. I can request certain children to be placed with me, but I'd have to talk to Barnes first." I spoke, staring at the wall as Yusuf stared at me.

"Why?"

"You're my student. It could seem inappropriate to some people and it obviously wouldn't be, but I have to make some sort of a contract with Barnes."

"That says you being my guardian wouldn't affect my school life?"

"Basically."