C1.

please excuse any mistakes 🫶🏽
____________

Flashback • September 1st, 2017

"Crystal! why the fuck don't I smell anything cooking?" Marcus Jones said to his ex wife as he walked into the kitchen.

Crystal took a deep breath and closed her eyes, while rubbing the left side of her huge belly. Crystal was due in 2 weeks but felt like she was about to pop.

"Please don't fucking start with me. What are you even doing here?" she gritted, sucking in breaths in between words.

Their  divorce was finalized 3 weeks ago, ending their marriage of just 3 years.

Marcus coldly chuckled and sat down at the table. "Give birth in front of me if you want, it'll be a double homicide in this bitch"

"Fuck you Marcus! I wouldn't even be pregnant right now if it wasn't for you! Why the fuck are you even here?" she spat, waddling over to the open window.

"You can't blame me because you went
out with your hoe ass friend and did hoe ass shit like you wasn't married and now you don't know who knocked you up!"

"Wooow! You really starting this shit with me again Marcus? We were separated when I did what I did!! You been in a whole other city with some bitch!! The fact you're talking to me like you didn't cheat our entire marriage is fucking crazy! I'm sure you were fucking bitches when were dating" Crystal shook her head as she glared at him "I don't know how I could have been so stupid"

"Man fuck all that! Besides, Im just wasting time, waiting for my girl to get back in town with the papers so I can finally leave you for good, fucking hoe"

"Said the dirty dick ass nigga who ran the insurance up getting shots and shit"

Out of nowhere, Marcus jumped up came running towards Crystal. He lunged at her before she had time to react. Marcus tightly wrapped his hands around her neck and began to squeeze as hard as he could. Crystal struggled to breathe as she clawed at his hands and face, he only pushed her head down, making it harder for her to fight him.

The thought of just letting him end it all crossed her mind until she thought about the life she carried and how no matter the circumstance, God still trusted her to get him here.

And with that being enough for her to fight, she rammed her knee into his defenseless ballsack while digging her nails into his eye sockets.

"FUUUCCCCK" Marcus yelled, finally letting her go and falling to the floor.

Coughing hard enough to make her chest hurt and holding onto her sore neck as she gasped for air, Crystal backed up until she found the nearest wall for support. "Ima kill you bitch" his voice dark and sinister before he roll over to his back. "You and that fucking baby"

Crystal stared at him as he lay in pain on the kitchen floor. With tears streaming down her face, she mentally processed her next decision; the same decision she had contemplated for the last 3 years when the abuse, disrespect and cheating first started. Crystal just swallowed the doubts she had and accepted that her life would never be the same after today.

"You hear me bitch!?" Marcus yelled on the floor as Crystal walked out of the kitchen. He knew the manner of which he used it would get under her skin.