C5.

• Two Days Later

"Jamie! We keep our hands to ourselves. Do you want to sit with me for the rest of recess?...yeah, I didn't think so" Fatima yelled across the playground at one of her students.

"He wanna be Jamie and the Fox so bad, little bad ass" Fatima mumbled.

"Please excuse my handss! They just wanna touch, they just wanna feel, they don't mean no harm"!! Janet broke out in song making Fatima laugh, followed by a yawn then shaking her head. She couldn't fight the daydream that was starting as she remembered the way he treated her body like he knew it. She was pleasantly shocked when he actually did.

Before the weekend, Fatima had lived sexless for 3 years, by choice of course. She was tired of wasting her time and a forced nut on a lazy dick nigga. But that all changed after a night with Officer Zachary Taylor. Having full confidence in the power she packed and trusting his word, she no longer were about her covered being blown.

"Damnit"

"You forgot about that meeting didn't you?" Janet chuckled at her. "You know I did" Fatima rolled her eyes, checking her watch. "I won't be long, I do not like this woman"

"You ain't the only one" Janet laughed

"MS WILSON! MS WILSON!!" Little Elijah came running in her direction as soon as she stood from the resting bench outside.

"Elijah, sweetie is something wrong? I have to go to a meeting and I'll be back" He instantly folded his arms and dropped his head. "Don't do that Eli. You're a big boy and Ms Cannon will be here with you"

"I don't want her. I want you" he looked up at Fatima, tears already in his eyes. "Lord, how do you have somebody else child so spoiled?" Janet laughed, shaking her head.

"Can you give me 10 minutes..just 10" Fatima said as she knelt down on his level.

"Then I can go with you?"  Fatima smiled and shook her head, "No Eli, you can't go with me but I promise I will be right back. I promise"
It took him a minute before he finally smiled and nodded, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. He bear hugged Fatima's neck before turning around and running back towards the playground.

"That's a shame" Janet laughed, going over the headcount on the class iPad. "Eli is a sweetheart andwe don't do favorites in my class but that's my little guy"

"Mhm and his fine ass daddy is your big guy...got it"

Fatima knew Zac bringing lunch for her and Elijah when he was in the area for work would start a domino effect but she didn't care. She had a PhD in letting people think whatever they wanted to, even if Zac was her "big guy".

"You can think that, if that's what you want to think"

Before Fatima could get the side door open, the sound of a child crying out in pain made her heart drop. She had heard plenty of children cry before but this one was different.

"Elijah" she gasped to herself before running full speed into the direction of his cry, leaving Janet to gather the rest of the kids and move them inside them classroom.

••••

Inside the nurses office, Elijah lay with the side of his head tucked in the pit of Fatima's arm as she softly rocked him on her lap. He tried catching his breath in between his small hiccups. Elijah was far from a baby but she couldn't help how natural the moment felt for her.

The door opened, to reveal the girl in the ugly green sweater from a few weeks ago, Zac's sister. "Oh my God" she dramatically gasped and rushed to chair beside Fatima, trying to grab Elijah from her arms but he only held onto her tighter.

"Eli, it's me. It's your auntie" Simone stressed her voice, trying to get his attention to no avail. Elijah obviously wasn't feeling it.

"He jumped from the slide and busted his lip. His teeth are fine and so is the rest of his mouth. I got him cleaned up for when the nurse comes back" Fatima said as Elijah turned his head on her shoulder. Before long, she felt his breathing settle as he was on his way to sleep.

Simone stepped back, staring at Fatima.
In an instant, the energy in the room seem to grow thick like somebody walked in and flipped a switch on the wall.

"Hm," she gave a stank look as she eyed Fatima where she sat, holding her nephew.
"Well you are his teacher, right? Where's in accident report?" She spat, putting a hand on her hip. Fatima blankly looked up at her, accepting the possibility of losing her job.

"Yes, I am his teacher and the report has been filed already but has to be signed by a parent before being review by anyone other than an employee.. You would be aware of all this if you wouldn't have gotten here 53 minutes after you were contacted"

Simone dramatically smacked her teeth, "Excuse me? Look, I have my own life. I don't always have time to-"

"Then why be his emergency contact when his father is at work if you don't have time for him?"

"Who said I didn't have time for my nephew? Bitch, you-"

"At my son's expensive ass private school Simone? Seriously?" Zac said from behind them as he opened the door to the nurse's office. "Daaddy!!" Elijah screamed from Fatima's lap.

Zac mean mugged his sister while making his way to his son and Fatima. "I'm sorry, I was coming back from a call when I saw your..uh missed call from the uh school" Zac said cleaning up his sentence.

"You jumped off the slide didn't you?" Zac grabbed the top of Eli's head, getting a good look at his mouth. Of course Elijah didn't give his father an answer, he just laid his head on his shoulder. "I'll get him a ice pack for the ride, if you want" Fatima said in an airy tone, unable to remove her gaze from Zac in daddy mode. Ooo be my daddy too, she thought to herself.

"Nah he don't need it. He's a boy Fatima. I'll fix him up when get home since you got the bleeding to stop" Fatima decided to ignore the stank look and sour energy coming from Simone in order to focus on Zac fathering in his uniform. "Thank you" Zac locked eyes with her, getting her breaths tangled and tied up. "It looks good on you"

Fatima squinted at him, slightly confused "What looks good on me?"

"Motherhood" Zac said plainly before softly smiling at her, making her heart race. fuck.

"Now, anybody want to tell me what was going on when I walked in?"  Zac turned to face Simone, rubbing his sons back.

Simone glared hard at her brother and said  "What are you looking at me for? I came to get my nephew and this bitch was in here holding him hostage"

Before Zac could say anything, Fatima stood up from her seat. "See, this. This isn't gonna work for me" she chuckled, "This bitch stuff? We not doing that"

Zac eyes darted over to Fatima then back to his sister. "Simone give us a minute."

"Fuck this" she mumbled, storming out of the room. "Zac" Fatima warned, "You better get her rude ass before I do"

"I don't know what that was about but I'm sorry and I'll talk to her."