C7.

The following week•

"Zaac" Fatima softly moaned in his ear while he held onto her thighs, holding her steady against the wall as he passionately fucked her in the closet of her classroom.

Zac was answering a noise disturbance call down the street when Fatima sent a text saying Officer Taylor was needed in room 124 after the school was empty. He called for backup and got the fuck out of dodge.

"Oh God, yess" Fatima cried, burying her face into his shoulder. Zac bent his knees and pulled them away from the wall where he had her holstered to fuck her senseless. "Ahhh, fuck Zac!" she threw her head back while uncontrollably shaking in his arms.

"Oh shit" he moaned, feeling her raining down on him.

Fatima held both sides of his face, attacking his mouth as she felt him release deeply inside her. Zac groaned as his knees buckled at the feeling of her walls clenching down around him...

••••

"Soooo" Zacs voice trailed off as he walked Fatima to her car parked in the teacher parking lot.

"Soooo" Fatima copied him, swinging their hands between them as they walked. It made him smile.

"So you never let me know if you were busy Saturday" he said as she unlocked her car door. "This Saturday?"

"Uhh yes Fatima this Saturday..the party..?"

"Oh shit, my bad Zac, I forgot..I'm sorry" Fatima's eyes quickly darted away from
his. She turned away, opening her door to put her bag in the passenger seat.

"You don't have to lie to me Fatima. If my sister got you feeling a way, don't. I've already talked to her"

"Yeah, she didn't even look my way at pick up" Fatima mugged, "Good. Better safe than sorry"

"So you coming? I want you there" Zac said, taking a step closer to him. He went in for a kiss but Fatima placed her hand on his chest to stop him.

"Don't do that Ti. What's wrong?"

"Zac, listen. I like you..I really do but-"

"But what Fatima? Everything has been going good well I guess it was for me atleast" Zac sounding defeated which only made Fatima feel worse.

She shook her head and reached to grab Zac's hand but he only snatched it away from her. "Elijah would love to see you if you decide to come, we're starting at 3..you know the address"

Fatima took that as her dismissal and she simply nodded. Zac reopened her door, letting her take her seat and snap her seatbelt before he closed it, double checking to make sure to her closed tight. He tapped the top, letting her she was good and she started her car. Fatima felt so low as she watched him take a step back to clear the way for her.

do not fucking cry she thought, hot tears already resting on her waterline.

Fatima didn't know why it hurt her feelings so bad for Zac to shut her down the way he did just how she didn't know why she didn't just tell him Elijah shares the same birthday as her baby boy.

As she finally backed out and pulled off, she looked in the review mirror to see Zac still standing there, watching her drive away.

••••

Later the day, Fatima sat on her sofa catching up on Love and Hip Hop Atlanta as the sound of her phone ringing caught her attention. She grabbed the remote and paused the tv before grabbing the phone from the coffee table in front of her.

Fatima didn't recognize the number which made her hesitate on answering but something told her to do it anyway.

"Hello"?

"Yes, Ms Wilson?" the lady asked on the other end of the phone.

"Who's asking?"

"Oh forgive me! This is Angie Holt from the Georgia Public Records"

"Oh my goodness, hello! I've been waiting for your call" Fatima sighed, placing her hand on her chest "Were you able to find anything? I thought it took 90-120 days before my request could be reviewed"

"Well, technically it does but your form was the only one of my desk this morning"

God gonna always God, Fatima thought to herself.

"Now, as far as what I was able to find, it wasn't much due to him being in foster care for a few months before being adopted"

"Foster care?! He was in the system?!"

"Yes ma'am but not for long. Since he was so young, he bounced around for a few months before they got him placement in a good home with an older lady and her two older children. When she has passed, her son took full responsibility and later adopted him when he turned 2 years old"

Fatima smiled through her tears hearing her baby was okay. "Unfortunately it was a closed adoption so I don't have any of that information but I have sent you the original copy of his birth certificate. The hospital gave him a placeholder name for documentation purposes since your cousin refused to do so. There's also a picture of him in the nursery after being born. It's all in the email"

Fatima put the phone on speaker as Angie kept talking but she wasnt really listening. The sound of her heart beating out of her chest over powered everything else as she scrolled through her email, finally finding one from Angie.

"If you have any questions, my personal and professional email addresses and numbers are on the bottom of the email"

"Okay thank you so much"! Fatima said, her voice cracking from silently crying.

As the call ended, Fatima took a deep breath and closed her eyes before opening the email.

She tapped of the attachment folder named Baby Boy Hayslett.

Fatima shook her head seeing her scribble of a signature on the dotted line, the space for his name was blank "I just want him to know I did what I thought was best for him." Fatima said, shaking her head as her tears fell.

"Oh my God" as the picture of Baby Boy Hayslett loaded, she softly touched the screen as if she could feel him..sobbing as she stared at him wrapped up in a blanket, a little knitted hat on his tiny head. She regretted not holding him at least once but she knew if she did, she wouldnt have given him up. "7lbs 5oz. 20 and a half inches long" she recalled, because no matter how hard she tried, she never forgot.