≈•Cat?•≈

(Quick warning, if you aren't comfortable with animal-like affection or dragons being cats, click off or read another chapter)

Dark Cacao and Pitaya Dragon were lying in a grass field next to each other. Pitaya Dragon had a wing around Dark Cacao. He sighed, "It feels good to be away from all the kingdom's stress with a close friend of mine..." he looked over at Pitaya Dragon. "Thank you for being here, Pitaya Dragon Cookie." He closed his eyes calmly, and leaned into Pitaya Dragon.

They scooted away a bit. "It'sss nothing." They were slightly annoyed but allowed it. After taking over the Hollyberry Kingdom, they understood how stressful ruling could be. Pitaya Dragon's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Dark Cacao lightly grabbing one of Pitaya's talons. "I am pleased you understand me, at least just a bit," he said while watching the sky. Pitaya Dragon didn't know how to react.

While lost in thought, Dark Cacao shook them. "Are you purring?" he asked as Pitaya Dragon suddenly snapped out of thought and jumped, "No! I'm a dragon, not a cat!" they hissed, but without a doubt they were lightly purring. Dark Cacao chuckled, "You strange and tricky dragons..." He got up and patted Pitaya Dragon in the head which caused them to snarl at him.

"I should be off now, my kingdom needs me. I had a good time, Pitaya," he said and smiled, "and I learned something new today too." Pitaya Dragon felt their face burn a bright red and they growled at him. "Ssshut it!! I wasss not 'purring'! You need your ears checked!!!" they hissed and got up to head back to the valley. Dark Cacao looked at them and chuckled, "Do not deny it, it only makes it more humorous... cat..." Pitaya Dragon hissed once more before flying off, leaving Dark Cacao to go back to his cold kingdom.

Pitaya Dragon was still annoyed by that interaction, but it felt good knowing that they could be the one to make this stern and serious king smile. Although, Pitaya Dragon knew well that the nickname was going to haunt them for a a while...