≈•Cooking•≈

"Do you even know how to use an oven?" Dark Cacao looked concerned at Pitaya Dragon. They were in the palace's private kitchens. "It sssshouldn't be too hard.." they responded, trying to fasten an apron on themself. They did not wanting their armor to be ruined from cooking. Dark Cacao sighed, "... And you're sure that you do not need supervision? I don't want the Citadel in flames.." Pitaya Dragon laughed, "Don't worry Cocoa! I have ssssome experience!" Dark Cacao sighed again, "I'm going to be right back, and if something is on fire, there will be a problem..." He then opened the door and left.

Pitaya Dragon took out several cooking supplies. Like bowls, whisks, spoons, and and stuff. They then thought for a moment. "The closest thing I've had to cooking is.... Burning the berries in the Hollyberry Kingdom before eating them..." Pitaya Dragon bit their lip. They paced the kitchen for a bit, but then they spotted a book. Pitaya Dragon tilted their head and they went over and grabbed it. "Oh! Thank goodnesss, it'sss a cookbook!" They should've expected one. They were in a kitchen after all. They flipped through a book to a recipe. "Sssset the.. ssstove? Issss that the sssame as an oven? To 350 degreesss..."

Dark Cacao was coming back down the hallway when he caught the scent of smoke. He started to pick up the pace knowing well where it was. When he opened the door, Pitaya Dragon was there with a pan in their hand. It was caught on fire and they screeched, "DARK CACAO DONT JUSSSST SSSSTAND THERE!!! HELP ME!!!" Dark Cacao quickly went over and knocked the pan into the sink and turned on the water.

Once the fire was extinguished, Pitaya Dragon looked over at the mess they caused. Ingredients were scattered across the countertops and cooking tools were everywhere. They bit their lip."Eeeeeeugh... sssorry. I thought I could try cooking..." Dark Cacao shook his head. "It's fine," he responded, putting a hand on their shoulder, "Let's just...go out for dinner..." Pitaya Dragon looked at him and asked, "Can't you cook?" Dark Cacao hesitated. "I can't cook either..." The two stood in silence for a bit until Pitaya Dragon asked, "Want to go to that passsta ressstaurant in the Hollyberry Kingdom?" Dark Cacao looked over surprised. "On a date? In public?" Pitaya Dragon shrugged. Dark Cacao smiled. "All right, fine by me."

The two entered the restaurant with several weird looks from cookies, and they were guided to a table next to an open window. The two ordered one plate of pasta and they waiting while watching the moonlight. Pitaya Dragon fiddled with their talons and Dark Cacao stroked his hair. Pitaya Dragon started the conversation, "Sssso. You and Hollyberry ssstill in that arranged thing?" Dark Cacao sighed and nodded, "Sadly. It's a bond I cannot break. It wasn't made by either of us. It was White Lily..." Pitaya Dragon nodded, "That White Lily Cookie sssoundsss irritating. Isss ssshe?" Dark Cacao shrugged, "I wasn't too close to her, she was closer to Pure Vanilla." Pitaya Dragon's wings folded back as they took one of Dark Cacao's hands in theirs. "I ressspect how you keep pursuing our relationship, you've gotten comfortable enough that we can be like thissss in public dessspite your arranged marriage. You've got courage." They smiled and Dark Cacao's gaze softened.

When their food was brought, the small talk ceased. Before long Pitaya Dragon saw an opportunity. Once Dark Cacao caught the same strand of spagetti Pitaya Dragon did, Pitaya Dragon started to lean in towards him. As they got closer Dark Cacao had realized what they were doing, but it was too late to stop it. Before long, the two had kissed. Pitaya Dragon held Dark Cacao's hand as the moonlight shone onto them. All the restaurant went quiet and they turned their gaze towards the two. Some cookies were amazed while some were concerned. It didn't matter to them, though. They were lost in thought as the others faded away in this dimly lit room.