≈•Hunters•≈

(Warning: blood/jam on the lighter side & technically cruel actions but idk. Also this takes place after the new dragons valley story)

Pitaya Dragon was in their dragon form, and they were leaving the valley for the day. They were bringing Snapdragon along with them since they've never been outside the valley. Dark Cacao is going to be sssurprised. I can't wait to tell him about the adventure! Pitaya Dragon thought while Snapdragon was squirming in their talons. The flight was smooth until suddenly, something shot towards Pitaya Dragon and went through their leg. They roared in pain and looked back. There was jam oozing from the wound and the object in their leg was attached to a chain which led to a group of cookies on the ground with more coming. Huntersss!! Pitaya Dragon thought. They couldn't go into cookie form or it would be easier for the hunters to catch them, and it would be difficult to take Snapdragon along with them. Suddenly they had an idea.

"Ssssnapdragon!" Pitaya Dragon opened their talon as the small hatchling looked up, "Fly until you find a cave. It will have colorful rockssss in it!" Snapdragon looked up and nodded. "Go inssside and follow the flowerssss. Ssseek a black haired cookie with purple eyesss! Do you underssstand?" they asked the hatchling. Snapdragon nodded, determined. "Go now!" They screeched as Snapdragon jumped off their talons and started flying.

One advantage to being so small is that no one will notice if you leave suddenly. Unfortunately, you also get tired quickly. After a good while of flying, Snapdragon got really tired and began walking until they reached a cave with colored rocks surrounding the entrance. They tilted their head and tapped their talons on the ground. They suddenly remembered and ran through quickly. Snapdragon was surprised to find that they were suddenly in the Berry Jungle. They looked around and spotted a trail of yellow flowers and began to follow them.

Dark Cacao was waiting at the area where the two would meet. He was stabbing his sword into the ground. Where could they be? I wonder what's taking them so long... He thought when suddenly, the small dragon ran in. Dark Cacao jumped back, startled, and drew his sword. "Who are you!? What is your need?!" he asked with his sword pointed to the small dragon. "Boo! Buababo!!" they squeaked and jumped back. Dark Cacao looked confused. "Pardon...could you... repeat that?" Snapdragon suddenly remembered that they were supposed to meet a cookie with black hair and purple eyes. "Buababa! Wtaya Wtaya! Kyau!!" They jumped up, trying to get the cookie to follow them. Dark Cacao looked confused. Snapdragon stomped their feet and shouted, "WTAYA KYAU BUBABB!!!" Dark Cacao knelt down to their level. "There seems to be a language barrier between us. I'm sorry," he said, and Snapdragon saw an opportunity.

They grabbed the end of his long hair and began trying to drag him out of the area. "Hey!!" Dark Cacao pulled his hair back. "Is someone in trouble back where you live?" He asked. Snapdragon screeched, "WATAYAA!! MWAMA!! BABABUUBB!!" They were annoyed that Dark Cacao wasn't understanding them. Dark Cacao was thinking for a moment, "Wataya... Wataya... Do you mean Pitaya? As in Pitaya Dragon?" Snapdragon squealed happily and nodded. "Wataya!!!" After that, they grabbed his hair again and started flying off. Dark Cacao pulled his hair from their grasp and followed them.

Snapdragon guided him back to the Dragon's Valley. Dark Cacao looked around and took out his sword. "Young one. Do take me to Pitaya. I'm curious what trouble they got themself into," he requested of the hatchling. Snapdragon immediately started flying off and Dark Cacao followed quickly.

They came upon the area where Snapdragon had last seen Pitaya Dragon. The area had shown that a large creature had been pulled to the ground and there was jam staining the soil. Dark Cacao was rather surprised. Snapdragon sat down and sniffled, "Boo..." they didn't know where to go next. Dark Cacao spotted what seemed to be wagon tracks in the soil. He turned to the small dragon. "What happened here? Were they kidnapped?" Snapdragon nodded. "Booooo..." Dark Cacao went over and picked them up. "Come on," he said. "Let's go get them back."