≈•I Need Your Help•≈

(Warning: this is a continuation, and I am trying my best to stay in Lotus' character, but they're pretty difficult for me to write about. I apologize if it's slightly or very out of character.)

Pitaya Dragon hated the thought of going to Lotus Dragon for help. They were always the show-off, but they had an odd connection with cookies. Maybe a weird enough connection that they could help? Pitaya Dragon thought. They looked back at Dark Cacao. Worth a shot...he doesn't look like he can hold on much longer. They sighed and redirected into the direction of the Lotus Paradise.

Lotus Dragon was playing their mandolin in their area. They had been quite bored, since the Lotus Paradise is always quiet once wish festivals ended. They wondered about the same topic they had been for a while. When will Longan Dragon awaken? And what will they do to cookiekind? It had been a topic they pondered due to their words before falling asleep. Everything will be restored into order...as it should. Lotus Dragon's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by rapid and panicked knocking coming from one of the windows. They turned around startled. Who would be so informal as to knock on the windows? They got up annoyed, but prepared. Lotus Dragon carefully opened the screen windows.

"Pitaya Dragon Cookie?" Lotus Dragon looked surprised to see them there, and asked, "What are you doing here?" Pitaya Dragon looked exhausted and rather worried. They sighed and looked at Lotus Dragon annoyed. "I, uh...I...need your help..." Lotus Dragon's eyes widened. They responded, "The Great Greenish Red Dragon...needing my help? This is...almost unheard of..." Pitaya Dragon hissed at their teasing, "Thiss isss ssserious! I actually need your help with sssomething!" Lotus Dragon looked shocked. Pitaya Dragon was never this serious about getting help. "This has piqued my interest... you never ask for help. Especially not from me." Lotus Dragon tilted their head, now interested. Pitaya Dragon snarled. "It'ssss a... clossse friend of mine..." They tucked in their wings and grabbed Dark Cacao. "He got injured badly, and I don't know how to heal..." they mumbled the last part. Lotus Dragon couldn't help it, and they were just so curious. They extended their arms for the cookie Pitaya Dragon was holding. "... just this once... I've never seen you so concerned about a feeble cookie..." Lotus Dragon responded, quirking up an eyebrow in amusement. Though annoyed by the comment, Pitaya Dragon's eyes lit up subtly, and they handed him over to Lotus Dragon.

After a little while, Pitaya Dragon was pacing the room, waiting for Lotus Dragon to say something. Some good news or some bad news...They were so worried. This wasn't like them, they usually had no care for such things. Especially regarding cookies, of all things. Pitaya Dragon was so confused, and still they wanted to know if Dark Cacao was alright. Lotus Dragon finally emerged after a little while. Pitaya Dragon's gaze snapped over in Lotus Dragon's direction. Lotus Dragon nodded, "He will be alright, but seeing your concern had me wondering...what was it about this cookie that got you all worked up like that? You don't normally ask me for help, nor do you normally ask it for someone else." They asked.

Pitaya Dragon looked down and responded, "I don't really know...He'ssss jussst a clossse friend of mine!" Lotus Dragon had a thought and eyed them warily. "How close?" Pitaya Dragon looked confused at the question. "What do you mean? When I sssay close I mean we're good friendsss! What elssse do you need?" They tilted their head. Lotus Dragon shook their head, "Ah, I see. You're in denial..." Pitaya Dragon hissed, "Enough with the ussselesssss questionssss! I need to sssee if he'sss awake!"

Inside of a room in the Lotus Palace, Dark Cacao was still unconscious, but he was all bandaged up and looked peaceful. Pitaya Dragon sighed in relief, and they ran over to try and wake him up. Lotus Dragon stepped inside and spoke, "You may take him and leave, he should wake up on the way back." Pitaya Dragon picked up Dark Cacao and swung him over their shoulder. They looked at Lotus Dragon with a conflicted expression and muttered, "Thank you..." Lotus Dragon merely smiled and nodded. As Pitaya Dragon flew off, Lotus Dragon couldn't help wondering if Pitaya Dragon was as close to this cookie as they thought.

Meanwhile, Pitaya Dragon was flying back to the Holllyberry Kingdom and ended up switching to carrying him bridal style. It was easier on their back after all. When they landed, Dark Cacao was starting to wake up. Pitaya Dragon looked down and smiled. Dark Cacao blinked a few times, and asked, "Pitaya? What happened? Where am I?" Pitaya Dragon's smile turned to a hiss, "You SCARED me! You IDIOT! Don't you EVER scare me like that AGAIN!!!" Dark Cacao looked surprised, "What happened, how did I...?" He was interrupted by a pain in his chest and he groaned in pain. Pitaya Dragon looked at him, "Are you alright?" They sounded...concerned. Dark Cacao sighed and looked up at him, "I'm fine, but what are you doing here?" Pitaya Dragon muttered, "Becausssse I wassss worried for you..." Dark Cacao's eyes widened, and his gaze softened. "Thank you for saving my life...my dearest friend." He smiled and wrapped an arm around Pitaya Dragon, who then set him down. "Are you alright to ssstand? What on Earthbread happened?!" they asked as they wrapped a wing around him.

Dark Cacao looked down as if trying to remember, but he shook his head. "I just remember getting bashed against a tree. And to think, it was the one day I didn't bring my sword.." Pitaya Dragon hissed, "Cookiesss...ssssome of them are sssuch recklessss and foul creaturesss, aren't they?" Dark Cacao nodded. "I'm quite glad you were able to find me before I died...how did you heal me anyway? Last I checked, you have no skills in that area." Pitaya Dragon smiled and laughed awkwardly. "Er...jusssst an old friend of mine..."