≈•Just in Time•≈

(WARNING: this prompt is an angst prompt, this has blood, wounds, near death, and other stuff like that. If you aren't comfortable with that, click off this.)

Pitaya Dragon was waiting at their usual spot for Dark Cacao. They were watching the sunlight slowly dim, hissing in annoyance. Where isss he?! They thought, now starting to grow concerned. He ssshould've been here over an hour ago! He'sss never late, unlesss it's by me, if he cancelled he would've sssent me a letter... They stopped to realize they were pacing around a rock. The sun was only seeping more beneath the trees. Pitaya Dragon felt that something wasn't right. This was abnormal. Dark Cacao was never this late without reason. They hissed before taking off. Their concern was taking over and they needed to look for him.

After getting an aerial view of the forest, they had no luck. Now Pitaya Dragon was getting worried... Could he have been attacked? they shook their head. No, Dark Cacao would never let a cookie lay a finger on him... He just had to be late or maybe busy, but Pitaya Dragon still decided to check the path he takes to meet them.

They had been walking for a good while until Pitaya Dragon caught the scent of strawberries. Not just strawberries...the sickeningly sweet scent of strawberry jam...they could feel a sudden rush of heaviness inside them. It couldn't be...unlesss sssomeone elssse came down thisss path? they thought. Their expression grew worried as they moved some large leaves out continued down the path until they got to a place where the scent of drying strawberry jam was the strongest. They felt their heartbeat increase and their breathing quicken as they moved a large leaf out of their way. Pitaya Dragon's eyes widened and they felt tears collecting in their eyes. Dark Cacao was lying on the ground with a growing pool of strawberry jam below him. His armor was cracked and broken, and his cape was tattered and stained with jam. Pitaya Dragon was startled. For all this time, they just assumed it was impossible for him to get hurt this badly. After all, he is incredibly strong and quick. And with his

Pitaya Dragon flew over to Dark Cacao's unconscious body. "Wake up! WAKE UP! You idiot! WAKE UP!" they hissed loudly while pulling his hair. Dark Cacao didn't respond, and now they had strawberry jam staining them. Pitaya Dragon was slowly becoming more petrified by the second. They picked up Dark Cacao and propped him against a tree to check his wounds. There was a large gash on his chest and jam was still pouring out of it. His face was covered with cracks, but most came off of one area. Like he was bashed against something. His dough was slightly pale as if he'd been jamming for a long while. Pitaya Dragon slapped him a couple of times. "WAKE UP, YOU IDIOT! WAKE UP!" they screeched and their voice was breaking. They felt hot tears forming in their eyes, and they wiped them away. Pitaya Dragon could've sworn Dark Cacao was dead, but then they saw that he was breathing. Slowly, but at least he was still alive. They let out a shaky breath of relief.

Pitaya Dragon picked Dark Cacao up and swung him on their back. They needed to get Dark Cacao help. Somewhere. Somehow. They opened their wings and flew off. But they didn't know where to take him. They couldn't go to the Hollyberry Kingdom without some explaining, they couldn't go to the Vanilla Kingdom because they didn't know where that was, they couldn't go to the Cacao Kingdom because there were a lot of cookies who would want their head, and the only one they knew who might be willing to help was...

Lotus Dragon...