≈•The Second Duel•≈

(This is a sequel to the first chapter btw. This takes place after Cookie Odyssey. Also HollyCacao in an arranged marriage exists.)

Dark Cacao was wandering in the Berry Jungle to meet Hollyberry Cookie shortly after the council meeting, and he was invited to an event. Meanwhile, Pitaya Dragon, who happened to be eating berries off of bushes on the same path, was not paying attention to their surroundings.

The two ran into each other. Again. Pitaya Dragon immediately grabbed their head, "Watch where you're going!" they hissed and looked up. Dark Cacao had his sword withdrawn. "Be careful with your words..." he spoke calmly. Pitaya recognized those eyes and that hair. Isss thisss that cookie I sssparred with yearsss ago? they thought, analyzing this new cookie.

Dark Cacao had noticed their wings and tail. "Why are you here?" he asked, pointing the sword to their neck. Pitaya Dragon reached for their sword. "Why ssshould I anssswer that? I'm not here to cause chaosss thisss time!" they hissed and inched away from Dark Cacao's sword. "This time?" he asked, and Pitaya Dragon immediately recognized that tone. "You!" they exclaimed, "You're that cookie I sssparred with ssseveral yearsss ago! Aren't you!?"

Dark Cacao's eyes widened as he thought for a moment. He was trying to place what they meant. It hit him suddenly. "You?!" he exclaimed. "You're still alive?!" Pitaya laughed. "I'm a dragon! You ssshould expect ussss to live a long time!" They took out their sword and pushed down Dark Cacao's own. "Don't be ssso harsh right now! I haven't ssseen you in yearsss!" they exclaimed. Dark Cacao stayed on guard. Although he knew them, dragons are known for their treachery and tricks. For all he knew, this dragon could be tricking him into trusting them..

Pitaya Dragon suddenly had an idea. "Hey! I want to see how much you've improved!" they said with a tone of excitement. Dark Cacao lowered his blade and asked, "Are you suggesting that we have another duel?" Pitaya Dragon happily jumped up. "Yessss! Wouldn't it be a fun rematch?" Dark Cacao remembered how they tired each other out before one won. I was merely a beginner then...I imagine I could defeat them if I used a different set of skills than last time. He thought before sitting his sword down. "One duel, I do not wish to be late again..."

The two went to the same clearing they fought the first time. Some sword scuffs on the rocks and trees were still there. The place was slightly overgrown with moss and vines. They would have to watch their step. Pitaya Dragon cackled, "Letsss sssee how much you've improved, weak cookie!" Dark Cacao stiffened. That name was just to annoy him, but it also provoked him to make the first move. Pitaya Dragon had to block it quickly. "Argh!! Your fassssst!!" They snarled and swung their sword into Dark Cacao's cape.

(And the battle went on because I ain't writing all that I've been up since 12 AM)

The duel was hard to follow as the two had both increased in skill since their last meeting, but Dark Cacao had one advantage, his soul jam. His sword sparked with violet lightning and he slammed it against Pitaya Dragon's sword. They were surprised at this attack and their sword was knocked away from them. Dark Cacao smiled and held his sword up, "Do you yield?" Pitaya Dragon hissed in annoyance. "You've gotten good, cookie.." they snarled with a smile. They put their talons up, "I guessss I'll yield! I have no weapon after all!" Dark Cacao lowered his sword carefully.

Pitaya Dragon grasped his sword and put it away. "Rematch sssometime?" They asked. Dark Cacao checked his pocket watch and sighed irritated, "I'm going to be late...again. Please excuse me...er..." he asked, trying to place the dragon's name. "Pitaya Dragon," they responded. "and you are?" Dark Cacao nodded. "Dark Cacao Cookie of the Cacao Kingdom." Pitaya Dragon got curious, what was this cookie so late for he had to interrupt a duel?

When Dark Cacao started walking away, Pitaya Dragon flew up next to him. "HEY!!! Cocoa guy!" they shouted. "Why do you alwaysss leave sssso quickly? An what issss it your ssso late for??" "The Queen of the Hollyberry Kingdom invited me to her annual ball..." Dark Cacao responded joylessly. "You don't sssound too motivated to go, why would you attend anyway?" Pitaya Dragon asked, trying to convince him to stay back. Dark Cacao shook his head, "I'm her husband. We were put in an...arranged marriage. I must go." Pitaya Dragon scoffed, "Thatsss unfair..." Dark Cacao started picking up the pace before they could continue. "I must be off. Please excuse me! It was a pleasure meeting you again!" he shouted back as he ran off. Pitaya Dragon thought for a moment, and then had an idea. A ball, huh? I bet Hollyberry wouldn't mind an old friend showing up. They thought with a grin before starting to fly off to the Hollyberry palace.