Dr. Ortega II

— wherein you weren't really feeling yourself because your health has been deteriorating more and more as time has passed, but a certain someone helps you through it

Listen to Car's Outside and Angel Baby for the best reading experience.

3rd person POV

It has been months since you were in the hospital, you honestly thought that you would go home quickly, but your doctor said otherwise.

Your body was slowly, but surely giving up on you, you weren't gonna die, no, but complications are arising. When you thought about your Anemia was only the problem, shit got way worse than anticipated.

A day before you were scheduled to be released at the hospital, you had passed out yet again, but when you woke up, things didn't seem right. You felt high and out of breath, you had a hard time breathing and you felt your chest tightened.

You scanned your eyes in the room, only to see Jenna talking with another doctor facing her back at you. The doctor had a worried look on his face, and you saw Jenna's breathing was irregular.

"J-Jenna...?" Your voice was rough and dry, the brunette turned to look at you, and her face softened as she looked at you. The doctor quickly left the room to give you both some space to talk to each other, "How are you feeling, Y/n?" Jenna sat by the bed and held your hand, your breath quickened again.

"I can't.. breathe properly...." It took you a while to answer her question, but Jenna was patient with you. "I know, darling. I know.." She reached her arm out to your chest and started gently massaging them.

Your eyes swell up in tears, "Am I not getting better...?" You asked her. She looks at you and shakes her head slowly, she sighs as she avoids your eye contact.

"Y-Your Anemia is starting to affect your heart, Y/n" Jenna chokes at her words, not wanting to let you know, but she knew you needed to, it was for your own good anyways.

You felt devastated, you had promised your mom that you'd be coming home tomorrow and spend your time catching up with each other along with your dad.

Your heart started hurting as you gasped for air. "Y/n?" Jenna called you, but all you did was try to breathe in more air. You started coughing as your left hand gripped your chest.

"C-Can't Br-eathe" Jenna's eyes widen as your right hand felt cold in her fingers. She stood up and pressed on the telecom near your bed. "Patient A - 107 is having a hard time breathing. Bring another doctor in, NOW!"

Jenna didn't hear anything from the telecom and her heart dropped. She lets go of your hand and runs out of the room, she leaves you there alone and your tears fall.

You lost consciousness on your bed, as Jenna and another doctor and as well as nurses rushed over to your body.

You smiled bitterly at the memory, you had replayed it over and over again in the past few months of being here. And each time you reminisce about it, it feels like a fresh cut that hurts you and you can't bear the same pain.