Hallucinations (v.c)

— wherein Vada had her fallout after the school shooting, but then she still felt like something was missing? no, someone was missing

wherein Vada had her fallout after the school shooting, but then she still felt like something was missing? no, someone was missing.

Warning: Please skip if you're uncomfortable with what's about to happen.

school shooting, guns, blood, and a character death.

3rd person POV

Empty.

That was what Vada felt like for the past month. Vada laid in her bed, staring at her window to gaze up at the endless sky. After the school shooting, she just never really felt the same.

As her eyes focused on the starry night, Vada shut her eyes firmly upon hearing the familiar loud shots ringing in her head.

Vada reminisces the scenario, the way her heart was beating fast as she hid on the bathroom stall trying to lift her feet up on the toilet, the echoing gun shots, how she felt sick to the stomach as the loud banging noise continued.

Vada shot up her bed with wide eyes, leaning against her headboard as she brought her knees on her chest, as she hugged them tightly.

A lump was forming in her throat, rising up to her eyes as she let the tears fall. Sobbing on her bed alone, Vada grips her scalp.

"Why the fuck can't I remember!?" Vada screamed.

Her memory was hazy, her brains clouded her thoughts as Vada tugged on her hair more. More tears came spilling out, frustrated by the missing recollection of what happened in the stall.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" Vada let go of her messy hair, but she banged her head on her hands repeatedly.

There was something absent, Vada could feel it. The void inside of her was growing each passing day, and it didn't seem to die down, not unless she remembers.

"I went to the bathroom to take a piss. I-I washed my hands right after, then that's when it started," Vada stood up, she paced back and forth in her room.

Vada was taking deep breaths, trying to calm herself down from the distress. She sniffs, and ties her hair up in a bun.

"T-The gunshots started, and I panicked so I ran inside to one of the stalls," Vada felt another lump in her throat, "The fucking shots continued a-and then.." She stops in her tracks.

"A-and then…" There it was again, the void she felt inside of her. Another weep of cry was coming out of Vada's mouth, she backed into a wall as she slid down onto the carpet.

"And then you blacked out, Vada. We had to rush you to the hospital because we thought you were hurt, honey."

Vada's knuckles turned white from clutching her hands, she bit down her sobs as she leaned her head on her wall.