Chapter 1 - Traitor or Truth Teller?

In this AU, instead of not knowing that Junjie was going to be there, (in Serenity) when he teleported to the East, they knew he was there 

Ok enjoy :)

Edit: 8th of June 2023 I forgot to name the chapter lol ok now you can enjoy

The Wind was more breezy then usual, but it made Alyssa's hair wave as she was riding on her Mecha through the jungle, she's always loved that feeling. Their scouts just informed them of the Dark Slinger entering Serenity Cavern, as if he just teleported there. The rebels knew he was there because of the noise they could hear and the scouts just told them what the noise was. 

But they also said the strangest thing, he looked as if he was corrupted anymore. Alyssa had a talent of reading people's expressions through their face and as far as she could tell, they were speaking the truth.

But where was he for all these months? He vanishes and now he's back in the Cavern?! This was it, if they wanted to save the East of his terror, this was the time. After questions overflowing her mind for the past 20 years, she knew she would get the answers from the Dark Slinger.

Why did the Dark Slinger become a traitor? Did he do something to Sparks? Where was he this whole time? Would he change his mind after seeing them? Is he in the cavern because he's trying to control more land? If so hasn't he stolen enough? Did he make Lian become a traitor too?

Alyssa thought about the last question, she believed with all her soul before the Emperor came they would protect the caverns with their lives. But Lian was recently seen by their scouts serving the Emperor with a new corrupted look. She also believed that the Dark Slinger would never change his mind after seeing them, no matter how close they were.

She came to the conclusion that the Dark Slinger is the reason Sparks was never seen again. When she shared her theory with her Crystal that only made Crystal's hate for the Dark Slinger way more intense than before. For obvious reasons.

Save the anger for the Dark Slinger, he deserves it after killing countless lives. He must've been plotting all of those months and planning a surprise attack, why else would he vanish? Ever since he vanished, its been more peaceful, and now he wants to disrupt it?! No matter, this is the time to avenge Sparks. 

She was placed in a trance by these questions but they still didn't answer the one she thought of most, why did he betray them? 

"Alyssa?"

At the hearing of her name she blinked a bit and realized it was only Hamengku riding his Mecha next to hers.

"Yes?"

"You seemed like you were in a trance, I understand why but save the anger for the Dark Slinger."

A transmission through the earpiece came though to both of their ears.

"We have a visual, they're fighting the jungle as they have no Serenity Bush on them but he seems to have allies. A Cave Troll, some weird creature with purple skin and 2 humans."

"Why a someone of my own kind, a Cave Troll join the Emperor?!"

"Hamengku, remember save the anger for the Dark Slinger. He deserves it after killing our fallen."

The questions came back placing her in another trance but now with an extra question. Who are the allies he's with?

"For Yang's sake wake up"

Her eyes blinked back to life.

"Sorry, its just.... I can't stop thinking, why did he betray us?"

"Who knows, but today we avenge our fallen people and your Boon Doc, Spark was it?"