♠ Haze of Mutual Desire ♠

As the night wore on, the atmosphere grew livelier. Laughter and animated conversations filled the air as everyone all enjoyed each other's company. Kanae and Shinobu were engrossed in their own conversation, their smiles lighting up their faces. They seemed to be catching up on each other's lives, sharing stories and laughing at inside jokes.

Meanwhile, Gyomei, with his gentle demeanor, was surrounded by his beloved cats. It was a common sight in his residence, as he had a deep affection for feline companions. The cats were happily nestled on his lap and shoulders, seemingly enjoying his comforting presence.

Mitsuri and Obanai, known for their close bond, were cuddling together. Their affectionate gestures reflected their deep connection, and they seemed content just being in each other's arms. The love and warmth they shared were evident to everyone around them.

Uzui and you sat together, savoring the taste of sake and engaging in lively conversation. Uzui, with his flamboyant personality, regaled you with tales of his recent missions and exploits.

While Muichiro leaned against your back, feeling his presence and the warmth between you. While he was absorbed in his phone, he occasionally interrupted his gaming sessions to show you something amusing, eliciting shared laughter between the two of you. Despite being engrossed in playing games, but he still listened attentively to the ongoing conversation.

It amazed you how Uzui effortlessly polished off bottle after bottle without showing any signs of intoxication. You chuckled to yourself, realizing that despite your decent alcohol tolerance, you were no match for the impressive drinking prowess of Uzui. The sight of him downing yet another bottle made you sweat drop in disbelief.

On the other hand, you took small, measured sips of your drink, aiming to maintain your composure throughout the evening. While you could handle alcohol relatively well, you didn't want to risk losing control or becoming too intoxicated.

Your conversation with Uzui carried on amidst the vibrant atmosphere of the night. The air was filled with cheerful chatter, creating a warm ambiance for everyone. Uzui's eyes caught sight of your empty cup, and he promptly grabbed the opportunity to refill it.

"You should drink more, Y/n. We don't often have the chance to go out like this," Uzui suggested, his voice filled with genuine enthusiasm. You couldn't help but sweat drop, realizing your inability to deter him as he poured the contents to the brim, filling your cup once again. With a nervous chuckle, you glanced at the full cup, unsure of how much more you could handle.

Muichiro noticed your hesitation, gently setting his phone aside as he rested his chin on your shoulder. "You don't have to push yourself, Y/n. Let Uzui get drunk by himself." he said, playfully sticking his tongue out at the ninja who responded with a twitch of his eye.

In contrast to you and Uzui, Muichiro had opted for drinking juice instead. Despite being of legal drinking age, he chose not to partake in alcohol. You weren't aware of the specific reason behind his abstinence, but you speculated that it could be due to a personal preference or perhaps he simply didn't enjoy the taste of sake.

As you reached out to grab your drink, your hand accidentally collided with Muichiro's, who was preoccupied with his phone and not paying attention to where his hand was going.