[Requested] ♠ Mending Broken Words ♠

Yuichirou Tokitou x Reader

Due to being a hashira, Yuichiro was constantly burdened with numerous missions and patrols. There were times when he couldn't even find a moment to rest, as his schedule was packed to the brim. He couldn't complain, though, as he had willingly joined the Demon Slayer Corps alongside his brother. However, the exhaustion had taken its toll on his body, and it wasn't something he could easily shake off, no matter how much he wanted to.

Yuichiro trained the low-ranked members, including Y/n, his exhaustion and irritability were evident. He pushed them harder than usual, his patience wearing thin. The continuous missions and lack of sleep had taken a toll on his normal reserved demeanor.

"Come on! Is that the best you can do?" Yuichiro barked, his voice filled with frustration, his fatigue made him less tolerant of any mistakes or shortcomings.

Everyone was determined to prove themselves; they tried their best to keep up with Yuichiro's demanding training. Sweat dripped down their foreheads as they performed the techniques, struggling to meet his expectations. Despite their efforts, they couldn't escape Yuichiro's short-tempered outbursts.

"Focus! Concentrate on your breathing and your movements," Yuichiro snapped, his tone harsh. "You need to improve if you want to survive out there!"

As the grueling training session continued for hours, exhaustion began to take its toll on everyone, including Y/n. The intensity of the exercises and Yuichiro's relentless demands had pushed them all to their limits. Some of her fellow demon slayers were already sprawled on the ground, gasping for breath.

Y/n's body trembled with fatigue, her breathing heavy and erratic. She could feel the sweat soaking her clothes, clinging uncomfortably to her skin. Her posture slouched, and she instinctively reached for their knees, trying to catch her breath.

Recognizing that Yuichiro's strictness might be an attempt to push them to their limits, Y/n, who had a closer relationship with him compared to the others, gathered the courage to speak up. "Yuichiro, I think we could use a break," she suggested.

Y/n's suggestion hung in the air as Yuichiro's gaze bore into her. The intensity in his eyes sent a shiver down her spine, and she felt a sudden tension in the atmosphere. It was as if he had stripped away his usual warmth and replaced it with an unfamiliar coldness.

Yuichiro's voice was sharp as he responded, his tone laced with irritation. "A break? You think you deserve a break after that pathetic display? We're demon slayers, Y/n. We don't get breaks when the demons are out there, ready to attack us."