[Requested] ♠ Underneath the Illuminations ♠

A/N: Part 2 of "Underneath the Moonlight" 

Yuichirou Tokitou x Reader

The night sky regained its tranquility after Muzan's defeat and the disappearance of demons, everyone felt a sense of relief that the reign of terror was finally over. They could now venture out into the nights without the constant worry of demons lurking in the shadows. However, despite this newfound freedom, Y/n still carried the emotional scars of the past.

The traumatic encounter with demons during the last attack, especially with Yuichiro involved, had left a lasting impact on Y/n's psyche. The memories of that dreadful night lingered, and the darkness itself became a trigger for anxiety and fear.

On the other hand, Y/n couldn't contain her excitement as the night of the festival approached since it would be the first time in her life that she would be able to experience a festival up close and without fear. For so long, the threat of demons had prevented her from venturing out into the night, robbing her of the joy and wonder that such events could bring.

As the sun set and the first stars appeared in the sky, she couldn't help but feel a tinge of nervousness mixed with her enthusiasm. The atmosphere in the town was electrifying, colorful lanterns adorned the streets, and the tantalizing aroma of various street foods filled the air. Y/n walked to the festival grounds in her simple yet beautiful Yukata, adorned with delicate ornaments in her hair, she felt a mix of nerves and excitement.

The soft glow of the lanterns illuminated her path, creating a magical atmosphere around her, approaching the meeting spot where her friends, including Yuichiro, were waiting, she noticed him standing there. The moment their eyes met, something stirred within Yuichiro, he couldn't take his eyes off her; she looked absolutely stunning.

Seeing his intense gaze, Y/n fidgeted and shyly asked, "is there something wrong with my outfit?" This caused Yuichiro to quickly realize that he might have been staring a bit too intently. He blushed, feeling slightly embarrassed at being caught in his trance.

His cheeks flushed as he averted his gaze, he gently shook his head, trying to compose himself, "No, it's nothing. You look beautiful, Y/n."

Yuichiro's words made her heart skip a beat, and she blushed at the rush of warmth they brought. "Thank you, Yuichiro," she replied, trying to hide her flustered state. "You don't look so bad either," she added with a playful chuckle.

Yuichiro replied, "well, I'm glad you think so," a faint blush gracing his cheeks at Y/n's playful remark, running a hand through his hair.

The sight before her– Yuichiro was in a yukata, looking handsome and endearing in a way she hadn't seen before. His usual tough exterior seemed to soften in the elegant simplicity of the traditional attire, and his signature ponytail added a touch of familiarity amidst the change.