Players and Pieces

(A/N): Welcome to the newest chapter of NToR: Book 1, and I hope you enjoy it. PS I found this meme on Pinterest. NGL I kind of like it.

Location: Emerald Forest, Vale

Time: 09:57 Hours, September 4, 80 AGW(After Great War)

Weiss' POV

Weiss Schnee had no idea what she had done to deserve this. She was currently flying at high speeds while holding on the feathered of a Nevermore. 

'Of course it was Ruby's idea,' Weiss thought to herself. 'And of course Emile just went along with it like it wouldn't just get us all killed!' 

Weiss had a sneaking suspicion that Emile either wasn't't afraid of death or simply didn't care whether he lived or died.

"Ruby!" Weiss shouts at the younger girl, who is right in front of her. "I told you this was a terrible idea!" 

"We're fine! Stop worrying!" Ruby shouts back. Emile suddenly decides it is a good time to add his input. 

"Think of it this way, you don't need to worry about gettin' bad grades if you're dead!" He says cheerfully. 

'I swear this guy has depression.' Weiss thinks.

"I am so beyond worrying!" Weiss shouts back at the two dolts. 

"In a good way?" Ruby asks. "In a bad way! In a very bad way!" She shouts back, feeling very pissed off. 

"Well, why don't we just jump?" The girl in red shouts. 

"What are you, insane?" Weiss shouts in surprise. 

"Hell yeah! Now you're talkin' in my language!" Emile shouts at the top of his lungs, clearly keen on doing just that.

Weiss doesn't hear Ruby reply, and when she checks on her, she finds Ruby no longer on the Nevermore. "Oh you insufferable little  red brat!" She shouts. "Emile, are you still here?" She asks, to which she hears this reply. 

"Geronimo!!!" 

She soon realizes that she is all alone. 

'Just great.' She thinks.

________________________________________________________________________________

Yang's POV

Yang was trying to get Blake's attention, but she was too busy looking up. "Blake, did you hear that? What should we d-" Yang says, but is cut off when Blake points up. Yang looks up to see a terrified Ruby falling towards them.

"Heads up!!" Ruby shouts as she plumes to the ground, until Vomit B-  I mean Jaune slams into her, sending both of them into a nearby tree.

Jun walks up behind Yang. "Does this happen often?" He asks her. "Not normally." Yang replies. She then hears, "Incoming!!" Followed by that Emile fellow smashing face first into the ground not far from them. Yang looks to Jun. 

"Does this happen often?" She asks him in return. 

"You have no idea." Jun groans. 

"Did your sister and your teammate just fall from the sky?" Blake asks Jun and Yang.