my new little obsession

Jolting awake I look at the window. It was day break, I was able to sleep until day? Well... what a pleasant suprise. I lay back on my side and tightly hold the pillow in my arms. Though my gaze remained cold and harsh, I felt nothing, I guess I just had a resting bitch face.

I close my eyes feeling a bit of peace from the morning. It was quiet everywhere, no loud bangs or yells, no angry people, just quiet. But the peace didn't stay for long, it was rudely interrupted by a thought in my mind. Torture another victim or two...

I sighed, I hadn't put that thought there, but It did. It was always watching, and it didn't care about anything but itself. Sure.. I was a violent guy sometimes, but a god damn break would be nice. I don't think I've gone a day without murdering someone since... I don't even know how long. I didn't want to know what would happen to me if I didn't obey, it's orders.

I forced myself out of bed, still feeling a bit groggy, but less tired than usual. I stand up and put on my hoodie. It was well worn which only mad either feel more comfortable, same with my old, black converse. I ticked as I put my orange goggles on my forehead. The last thing I grab is my mouth guard. I sigh and put it on making sure it hid my scar.

I took my hatchets that leaned agaisnt the wall and set them on the side holsters on my belt. I walk put of my apartment, thinking of who the victim would have to be. I wasn't all for picking innocent to kill, I was crazy but not totally insane. I crept through alleyways trying to make it to a more isolated place. I walked until I reached a area of abandoned buildings. Not a single soul in sight.

I try to think of someone to go after so I walk around the abandoned area. There was a old diner, a clinic and a gas station. They were all heavily vandalized and run down as if they were holding on by a thread. It being so early in the morning only a few people were put. Mostly workers or kids getting ready for school.

I silently headed back to the bad area of the town I lived in. There were plenty of people to choose from there. I leaned on a wall of the alley that outlooked the cracked pavement. There were a few kids out running around or drawing with chalk on the sidewalk. I twitched and went over to the kids drawing and bent down to get a better look.

The three little kids seemed to scoot away from me a bit, but I was used to it. I tilt my head and see one of the kids drew scribbled flowers. Another kid had drawn a brown dog with floppy ears. "These are re-really good.." I said plainly, I had hoped they wouldn't be too scared of me. I knew my outfit was a bit out of the ordinary and carrying around two hatches didn't help me look any nicer. But I remained calm and picked up a black piece of chalk. The kids stared at me, they were still a little anxious, but they were interested in what I was doing.

I took the chalk and drew a circle and connected a triangle to the bottom of it. The two more triangles for ears I added a squiggly line for a tail. I drew two eyes and a nose with an upside down V for a mouth. I gave the cat little stuck legs and gently tossed the chalk to the floor. Wiping the chalk dust on my pants I stood up and looked at my masterpiece from a different point of view.

"Its a Cat.." one of the youngest child said crawling over to see my drawing. "Yeah.." I said putting my hands in my hoodie pockets. There was no one else on the road that the kids were drawing on. I glanced around to find the person in charge of watching the kids but no one was seen.

I kneel down to their view, "Hey.. where are yo-your guy's p-parents? Or who is looking a-after ya?" I said looking at each one of them. My neck jerked to the side, I was starting to get concered for these kids safety. If no one was watching them what was stopping someone from snatching them up? Especially in this shitty part of town...