red rain

"I thought you said you weren't going to hurt me...." I said a bit concerned with what he had said to me. This guy was insane... Even if this forest was a little tenebrous, I wasn't going to give up yet. I tried to push him off of me but he stayed colder than stone. "I'm not joking..." he said stiffly, "I may not kill you... but you need to realize I-I'm not the only one here" He stared me dead in the eyes just daring for me to provoke him.

"Get off on me would you!?" I said still attempting to break free from his grasp. He gripped my wrists until they started to feel numb, "No. You seem to have some sort of death wish w-walking around here aimlessly". He shook his head, "Why won't you just leave..?" He said leaning close to my face.

"I'm looking for someone alright!?" I said loudly, "Now get off!". He stared at me for a few seconds, "Who are y-you looking for exactly...?" He said seeming a little curious. I sighed, giving up on trying to get away, "It's my roommate. She dissappeared in the middle of the night. I thought she was in her room. But I went in and there was broken glass everywhere and she was gone" I felt my chest tighten a little and my words started to catch in my throat. But I shoved those feeling down and tried to compose myself.

"Disappeared how?" He asked tilting his head, "Did someone t-take her? Or did she leave on her o-own?" He looked at me with the same dull eyes as if he really didn't care. "I don't see why she would destroy her own window then just leave..." I said, "She would never leave without at least telling me". The worry in my stomach started to expand as I talked.

"Did you t-try and call her? O-or perhaps report it to the police?" He said looking straight unto my eyes. Toby scoffed, "You're telling me.. the first thought you had was to go in a dangerous forest and look for the friend you don't even know the location of?" He furrowed his brows. "Not to mention you are alone, no sort of ph-phone or communication, and only b-brought a box cutter"

"I have nothing to loose I suppose..." I said taking in the entire situation. I knew it was a risky thing to be here, but it seemed like the only choice I had at the moment. No one would have believed me if I told them the truth.

"N-nothing to loose eh?" He said loosening the grip on her wrists, "You don't seem like the t-type of person to have n-nothing in their life"

"I need to look for my roommate..." I said, "She's my only good friend". The words hurt to say out loud. But it was true, my other friends didn't care for me much. They usually just leave and not care about what happened. Even the ones I've known for a long time seemed to distance themselves from me.

Toby sighed, "I'll tell you what..." he started, "I'll help you look until sunset, then you will leave and never come back" He stood on his feet and let go of me, "And I mean never come back" he said holding out a hand to help me up.

Toby's pov:

All that mattered was for her to be pit of here. And I figured she wasn't going to leave willingly. So if this is what I had to do to get her put of this dreaded place, then so be it.

She took my hand and I pulled her to her feet. I quickly let go of her hand and crossed my arms. "Is there a-any sort of trail she w-would have left? Anything we c-could follow?" I asked tilting my head to look at her. "Well, when I went to her room there was a little blood on the windowsill" she said quietly, "But I don't know what else to look for". I nodded my head taking note of what she had said.

"Well, i-if you wanted to find her it w-will be easier in daylight-" I said as another tic made me hit myself in the leg. I brushed it off as if it were nothing, but he girl seemed a little confused. She looked at me with a little concern, but she started to walk. I followed wlaking right next to her, "What direction do you t-think she would have gone?" I asked looking around for any clue.